NCAA Football 2007-08

AND including the #4 answer, Michigan will be even better! MY preseason pick to be next year's National Champion.
I bleed Maize & Blue, but Michigan is losing too many outstanding players to be considered a contender for even a Big Ten title. Offhand, they appear to have nothing but question marks when it comes to next years team. I am bracing for a 7-5 season, but always hoping for better. They have some talented players...but most of their talent is raw and unproven. Likewise, just hope well Rich Rodriquez can mold this Michigan program and complete in the Big Ten remains a huge mystery.

I bleed Maize & Blue, but Michigan is losing too many outstanding players to be considered a contender for even a Big Ten title. Offhand, they appear to have nothing but question marks when it comes to next years team. I am bracing for a 7-5 season, but always hoping for better. They have some talented players...but most of their talent is raw and unproven. Likewise, just hope well Rich Rodriquez can mold this Michigan program and complete in the Big Ten remains a huge mystery.

Rich is an EXCELLENT recruiter in the talent rich areas of Florida. AND if I an not mistaken, wasn't Ohio State suppose to be in a "rebuilding" year?

Rich is an EXCELLENT recruiter in the talent rich areas of Florida. AND if I an not mistaken, wasn't Ohio State suppose to be in a "rebuilding" year?

That is not a source of comfort for me. Their defense is very young and improving. As for coach Rod's recruiting, getting Terelle Pryor will prove a lot to me. Maybe in 2 years.....

GO BLUE!!!

[/B]
That is not a source of comfort for me. Their defense is very young and improving. As for coach Rod's recruiting, getting Terelle Pryor will prove a lot to me. Maybe in 2 years.....

GO BLUE!!!
To be honest, I haven't had time to look at the coaching staff RR is bringing with him to Ann Arbor. As much as I love watching a high octane offense, it's the Defense that wins championships. The Michigan defense has been so-so the past few years. Bo Schembechler almost always fielded an outstanding defensive team. While RR may indeed be an offensive genius, I would like to see Michigan return to playing more disciplined defensive-minded football.

We shall see...

[/B]

GO BLUE!!!

Yes, Ohio State still does not have the guys on Offense that they had a year ago. They have a rookie QB, fortunatly Coach Tressel gets most into games thru out the year so the receivers have developed pretty well and saved Beokman many times this year.
Those same receivers are testing the NFL waters.
Anthomny Gonzalas came in and filled in for Harrison in Indy pretty well this year, Ginn is doing what he can in Miami, RB Pittman is getting mop up time behind Stephen Jackson.
Troy Smith will be at least number 2 in Baltimore, he played pretty well down the stretch.

So Yes they are still in a rebuilding stage.....

Paul,
I'm still hoping Tressel pull Pryor out of his recruiting hat and he comes to the Buckeyes !

Jimbo

Yes, Ohio State still does not have the guys on Offense that they had a year ago. They have a rookie QB, fortunatly Coach Tressel gets most into games thru out the year so the receivers have developed pretty well and saved Beokman many times this year.
Those same receivers are testing the NFL waters.
Anthomny Gonzalas came in and filled in for Harrison in Indy pretty well this year, Ginn is doing what he can in Miami, RB Pittman is getting mop up time behind Stephen Jackson.
Troy Smith will be at least number 2 in Baltimore, he played pretty well down the stretch.

So Yes they are still in a rebuilding stage.....

Paul,
I'm still hoping Tressel pull Pryor out of his recruiting hat and he comes to the Buckeyes !

Jimbo

Ginn, I think will never be nothing more than a Devin Hester wanna-be...:(

Ginn, I think will never be nothing more than a Devin Hester wanna-be...:(

I agree, he's strickly a return guy, and an average receiver, although I think he's a better receiver than Hester at least at this stage of Hester's career

BTW, it seems like you can make some pretty good money returning kicks these days, nothing to be ashamed of. :D

Jimbo

I should have been clearer in my statement in post #923. The defense I was referring to was Ohio State's, although the same could be said about MICHIGAN's.

Salsa, being a Lion's fan has made me jaded about the Lions. As for MICHIGAN, bowl losses have made me a wee less optimistic about them. Huge difference (to me , anyhow). Now that I think about it, jaded is not a strong enough word for I feel about the Lions.

Jimbo, the word on Pryor now is that he is leaning VERY hard towards Oregon. Makes sense when you think about that offense they run out there. I'm hoping maybe he won't want to play so far from home.

To be honest, I haven't had time to look at the coaching staff RR is bringing with him to Ann Arbor. As much as I love watching a high octane offense, it's the Defense that wins championships. The Michigan defense has been so-so the past few years. Bo Schembechler almost always fielded an outstanding defensive team. While RR may indeed be an offensive genius, I would like to see Michigan return to playing more disciplined defensive-minded football.

We shall see...

You are definitely correct in your defensive assessment. Why did they wait all season to unleash that defense they threw at Florida. Florida was not prepared for what MICHIGAN brought defensively, and I'll admit it's been a while since I've seen them seen some of those packages.

You are definitely correct in your defensive assessment. Why did they wait all season to unleash that defense they threw at Florida. Florida was not prepared for what MICHIGAN brought defensively, and I'll admit it's been a while since I've seen them seen some of those packages.

Paul,
It's very possible that the packages they used against Florida would not work with other teams.... depends on the game plan each week.

Jimbo

I agree, he's strickly a return guy, and an average receiver, although I think he's a better receiver than Hester at least at this stage of Hester's career

BTW, it seems like you can make some pretty good money returning kicks these days, nothing to be ashamed of. :D

Jimbo

I would hope so...Devin Hester was a DB....LOL! They experimented with him at The U to get him as many touches as they could because of his speed.

I would hope so...Devin Hester was a DB....LOL! They experimented with him at The U to get him as many touches as they could because of his speed.

And they are doing the same in Chicago ...

Ginn was a good (not great)rec. in college, because in college he could run right by most guy's, but thats not gonna happen in the NFL.
I always felt that Anthony Gonzolas was the best rec. we had there in that time frame. Even Robiskie was doing more as a back up roll, but you had to always watch Ginn due to his speed.

Jimbo

All I know right now is that I got crappy squares. Definitely need a safety or a lot of field goals. I'm hoping it's a high scoring game, so I can keep my eyes open.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts