NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Ok, then, if you think OU would beat Texas today, my argument would be that if Texas had had a week off before playing Tech, and they'd played Tech in Austin, they would have won. Hypotheticals don't work.
Okay, so:

Texas is better than OU
Tech is better than Texas
OU is better than Tech

We're back where we started.

mdonnelly, as impressive as your win was last night, keep in mind that OU still has to play in Stillwater, and the Sooners have mot had an easy time there.

I do find it interesting that voters penalize Ohio State for their showings in the BCS games, but don't penalize Oklahoma for the same problems. USC gets the benefit of the doubt when they blow a game a year because they win their BCS games. So voters definately let the previous bowl games affect how they vote. I don't think a lot of these voters truly understand football.

But the Big 12 hasn't played anyone but themselves. How do we know how good they really are? They've all played each other, we have 3 10-1 teams, but how do you measure the strength of a conference against other conferences with nothing else to go on? We say the Big 10 isn't as good because they lose their bowl games, and Ohio State lost to USC. The Big 12 isn't much different when you think about it.

Okay, so:

Texas is better than OU
Tech is better than Texas
OU is better than Tech

We're back where we started.
If three way tie at end of season the highest BCS ranked team. If two teams same record then head to head. I know a play off would be the best, but they will never do it! They will lose way to much money!

Yes, I have had Ohio State in and out of the BCS. It's boils down to Oregon State, if they lose to Oregon next week USC goes to the Rose Bowl and Ohio State goes likely to the Fiesta. If Oregon State wins they are the Pac-10 Champ and they go to the Rose Bowl and USC will get a BCS at-large bid.

Remember, this list is if the season ended today...we still have two weeks of game that can, and likley will, change things.

That is all. :D

Gotcha :)

Jimbo

I do find it interesting that voters penalize Ohio State for their showings in the BCS games, but don't penalize Oklahoma for the same problems. USC gets the benefit of the doubt when they blow a game a year because they win their BCS games. So voters definately let the previous bowl games affect how they vote. I don't think a lot of these voters truly understand football.

I agree,
That said, I have NO arguement here as the Buckeyes are the first team with 2 losses, unless other 1 loss teams lose in the next two weeks, they have NO chance to get to a BSC game.

Jimbo

But the Big 12 hasn't played anyone but themselves. How do we know how good they really are? They've all played each other, we have 3 10-1 teams, but how do you measure the strength of a conference against other conferences with nothing else to go on? We say the Big 10 isn't as good because they lose their bowl games, and Ohio State lost to USC. The Big 12 isn't much different when you think about it.

Actually the Big Ten doesn't nessasrilly lose thier Bowl games, many have won recently, , but the country remember Ohio State and Illinois from last year,
Michigan won against the SEC .
I'm not going thru all of them, but I think the records in bowl games last year was pretty close to the SEC's

Jimbo

Here's a weird fact: 2003 was not only the same year Tressel had his only loss to Michigan, but also when the Lions' got their last Thanksgiving day win.

Well, actually, the Big 10 went 3-5 in bowl games last year. The Big 12 went 5-3, which isn't bad, but definately not great. SEC was 7-2.

A playoff would not mean an end to the bowls. It would just be a substitute for the top teams. Therefore a playoff for the top 8 teams would make more money then the BCS and you could still have the all important Humanitarian Bowl. I'm sure you could even find corporate sponsors for a playoff too so you could call it the NCAA Playoff sponsored by Cheetos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts