NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

A playoff would not mean an end to the bowls. It would just be a substitute for the top teams. Therefore a playoff for the top 8 teams would make more money then the BCS and you could still have the all important Humanitarian Bowl. I'm sure you could even find corporate sponsors for a playoff too so you could call it the NCAA Playoff sponsored by Cheetos.
I know it sounds simple but it's not! In a playoff system you don't have the sponsors like you do with a bowl. OK it used to be 15 million for each school to go to a bowl not counting the gratuity the university get under the table just to agree to show up. Then factor ever thing else i have said!! I wish there would be a play off system also, but going though it first hand i really dont see it working any time soon.

Lining up corporate sponsors would be the last thing I'd worry about. You could have a title sponsor as well as individual sponsors for specific games like the semifinals and championship. Look at NASCAR. They have the Sprint Chase and seperate sponsors for each race. Personally I think these sponsorships are basically a waste of money, but there are usually no shortage of companies wanting to put their logo on something.

Lining up corporate sponsors would be the last thing I'd worry about. You could have a title sponsor as well as individual sponsors for specific games like the semifinals and championship. Look at NASCAR. They have the Sprint Chase and seperate sponsors for each race. Personally I think these sponsorships are basically a waste of money, but there are usually no shortage of companies wanting to put their logo on something.
Exactly so since no shortage and the schools get Money, Under the table money, new library, field gym what ever. well you see why no playoff any time soon!

Hart, no one's "whining" about running up scores. It's simply classless, and transparent. But that's ok, I know you think Florida's unbeatable because they scored 70 against...drumroll, please.. THE CITADEL!! And I can't recall a single time anyone's been able to run up the score against my team, so it's nothing personal with me. In fact, aren't we undefeated....? And you're right, the other 40 or so other players who dress for games but don't get to play wouldn't really like to get in the game when it's a huge lead in the 2nd half...

Oh don't mind him.....Because the BCS committee did not make much of the Gators pasting of they gave 'Our Sisters of the Sacred Lamb' school they usually put late in the year and use that for 'home coming'. They were the hot team and IF they would have played someone tough, they WOULD have been #2.

..."shoulda, coulda, wouda..." always finds a way to rear it's ugly head...:D

Oh don't mind him.....Because the BCS committee did not make much of the Gators pasting of they gave 'Our Sisters of the Sacred Lamb' school they usually put late in the year and use that for 'home coming'. They were the hot team and IF they would have played someone tough, they WOULD have been #2.

..."shoulda, coulda, wouda..." always finds a way to rear it's ugly head...:D

What do I care what they are at this week? When they roll Alabama they will be in the top 2.

To bad Miami's and FSU's whole conference is the "sisters of the poor"

Re: The B10 and losing in the BCS games. It's a case of "over-bowling" - let me explain it in reverse.

Boston College - the perfect example of "under-bowling." Their fanbase is notorious for not going to ANY bowl game. So, they get passed over, by lesser teams, and go to crappier bowls against crappier teams. Result? They have an NCAA-record bowl winning streak.

The B10? They get overhyped, with the result being that their champ has made it into the NCG the past couple of years. Result? Well, you know... :)

What do I care what they are at this week? When they roll Alabama they will be in the top 2.

To bad Miami's and FSU's whole conference is the "sisters of the poor"

LOL....conferences mean nothing to me. I would not count your chickens just yet....especially since you have to go to Florida State in 5 days. IF you can lose to Mississippi AT HOME...you can definately lose to Florida State on the road. AND you still have to play Alabama. They COULD be two wins there, but they could DEFINATELY be two loses too....;):D

OSU1991...I hope and pray that you beat OU. Texas does not deserve to be in the Conference chapionship. If this is based on the current teams, OU number one, Texas Tech number Two and Texas number 3. OU lost to texas 7 weeks ago, it should be based on current teams. Please win OSU!!!!

Yeah, but Texas beat Oklahoma who you want to rank #1.

With that said, there is no fair way to decide who's the best 2 among these 3.

Texas beat Oklahoma. Tech beat Texas. Oklahoma beat Tech. Hmmm. Mr. President Elect, we need your help. :)

1. Oregon State making the Rose Bowl would be sweet justice for fans like myself who tire of seeing USC in Pasadena year after year- i want to see something DIFFERENT

I'll take USC and the lovely Song Girls.

Me too! The Beavers' cheerleaders look like armatures compared to the polished, lovely and tradition that is the USC Song Girls!

Lemme explain....

Beavers..... :rolleyes:
Co2crop.jpg

Song Girls..... :eek:
usc-song-girls.jpg

Me too! The Beavers' cheerleaders look like armatures compared to the polished, lovely and tradition that is the USC Song Girls!

Lemme explain....

Beavers..... :rolleyes:
Co2crop.jpg

Song Girls..... :eek:
usc-song-girls.jpg

I don't know...the so called "SONG GIRLS" look like they MAY BE 15 years old!
At lease the 'Beaver Girls' LOOK of age....LOL!

Just thinking.....

Texas' easiest route to the national championship is for Oklahoma to lose to Oklahoma State and for Texas to NOT go to the Big XII championship. Texas is currently ranked 2nd in the BCS. If Oklahoma loses, Texas Tech will go to the Big XII championship and play Mizzou because of the head-to-head win over the Longhorns. Texas will just have to beat Texas A&M, won't have to play another game, and will face Alabama/Florida winner in the NC game.

Just thinking.....

Texas' easiest route to the national championship is for Oklahoma to lose to Oklahoma State and for Texas to NOT go to the Big XII championship. Texas is currently ranked 2nd in the BCS. If Oklahoma loses, Texas Tech will go to the Big XII championship and play Mizzou because of the head-to-head win over the Longhorns. Texas will just have to beat Texas A&M, won't have to play another game, and will face Alabama/Florida winner in the NC game.

Yeah, but does TT jump Texas in the BCS Standings if they win the Big XII Championship? With quality wins over Texas, Oklahoma St. AND Missouri, it would be tough to not rank them in the top 2.

Hi, John.

Care to wax poetic on the Vols' gallant last stand for Fulmer?
Not much to wax about. Even though Vandy is good this year, they are still Vandy. The funniest thing I saw Saturday was one of the down marker officials (whatever you call them) standing beside Fulmer on the sideline with a digital camera taking his picture. I'm sure ramy doesn't want a last stand against Kentucky on Saturday.

As far as the future for the Vols, there is HEAVY talk about Mike Leach here. Rumors are that the Tennessee AD has already met with his agent and is waiting for the regular season to end for an official interview.

Yeah, but does TT jump Texas in the BCS Standings if they win the Big XII Championship? With quality wins over Texas, Oklahoma St. AND Missouri, it would be tough to not rank them in the top 2.
I think the bloodletting in Norman was enough to keep voters from putting Tech too high in the rankings, even if they do wind up facing and beating Mizzou.

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts