NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

If you want to see great college football highlights, YouTube can be a wonderful thing.

Any team, game, year- you have a good chance of finding lots of old highlights.

I'm sure Paul is familiar with the 'WolverineHistorian' channel.

ROFLMAO! Ramy you kill me!

I just don't understand what this guys problem is. I don't make fun of anyone elses teams and call them names other than their real name like this guy does. What did I do?

I just don't understand what this guys problem is. I don't make fun of anyone elses teams and call them names other than their real name like this guy does. What did I do?
I'm guessing he didn't get accepted to Kentucky and has a hatred for all things blue.

Remember what happened at Nebraska when they tried to run a west coast offense with option players. I'm just saying that running a spread offense with 3 yards and a cloud of dust players seems eerily similar. And you're breaking in 4 freshman on o-line? OMG. You do realize that in a spead offense it's just the QB and the o-line? Everybody else is spread out. If anybody misses a block, as freshmen tend to do, the QB is dead. Should be an interesting season.

That's what keeps things interesting. By the way isn't that everybody's problem? Did I mention all our QB's are all new also? It could be a long season, but I'm excited just the same. Change was needed, and boy we got it. But at least the program is in the 21st century now. I see the change over going more smoothly here than in Nebraska, we haven't been "3 yards and a cloud of dust" for more than a couple of decades.:D Also, having some many new players on offense means not having to "break" the players off from old habits and practices. Fresh slate for everyone on offense. We'll take our lumps this season, but we'll be better in the long run. It could of been worse - at least Appalachain St. isn't on the schedule.:D

He hates cans! Stay away from cans!!!

jerk.jpg

:D

Which games are you guys most looking forward (or "not" forward) to.

Mine would be UF vs GA and UF vs Miami.... Both could mean an end to my teams NC bid.

Which games are you guys most looking forward (or "not" forward) to.

Mine would be UF vs GA and UF vs Miami.... Both could mean an end to my teams NC bid.

Miami?
roflmaoha0.gif
I'd worry more about LSU, @Tennessee, and @Arkansas (not to mention some lesser SEC foes) before I'd worry about Miami.

LSU's toughest challenges will be @Florida and @Auburn. I'm a little worried about the home opener against App. St. too. The Tigers might be a little slow out the gate this year.

Here's an interesting thought:

Sometimes, when a team beats a big rival, do they lose their edge heading into their bowl game? Sometimes, they flop in the bowl games.

I remember after Michigan beat Ohio State in 1996, they got steamrolled by Alabama in the Outback Bowl and looked totally lifeless, like they spent all their energy in Columbus and had NOTHING left in the tank.

I know how big that game is, but I used to get the feeling that a team gets too fired up over a rival, they lose their focus for the bowl game.

(Another Example: After Texas A&M upset Texas in 2005, they got ripped to shreds in the Holiday Bowl by Cal)

I guarantee you this: If Michigan were to go 11-1, destroy Notre Dame, lose to Ohio State, and crush USC in the Rose Bowl, Paul Wozniak would probably act as if they went 1-11.

Here's an interesting thought:

Sometimes, when a team beats a big rival, do they lose their edge heading into their bowl game? Sometimes, they flop in the bowl games.

I remember after Michigan beat Ohio State in 1996, they got steamrolled by Alabama in the Outback Bowl and looked totally lifeless, like they spent all their energy in Columbus and had NOTHING left in the tank.

I know how big that game is, but I used to get the feeling that a team gets too fired up over a rival, they lose their focus for the bowl game.

(Another Example: After Texas A&M upset Texas in 2005, they got ripped to shreds in the Holiday Bowl by Cal)

I guarantee you this: If Michigan were to go 11-1, destroy Notre Dame, lose to Ohio State, and crush USC in the Rose Bowl, Paul Wozniak would probably act as if they went 1-11.

Yup. The Michigan vs. OSU game is the biggest game of the year. The players are so jacked up for this game and go at it 110%. For this reason alone, I can understand why there may be a "letdown" during the next game.

I also firmly believe that the LONG layoff in between the last game of the year (end of November for the Big Ten) and the start of Bowl Season (end of December, early January) has a BIG impact on the teams' performance. I honestly don't feel that we get an accurate showing of teams with such a long layoff. All momentum gained during the regular season is lost by not playing football for a month and sitting around, stuffing yourself during the holidays. But I digress.....

That's what keeps things interesting. By the way isn't that everybody's problem? Did I mention all our QB's are all new also? It could be a long season, but I'm excited just the same. Change was needed, and boy we got it. But at least the program is in the 21st century now. I see the change over going more smoothly here than in Nebraska, we haven't been "3 yards and a cloud of dust" for more than a couple of decades.:D Also, having some many new players on offense means not having to "break" the players off from old habits and practices. Fresh slate for everyone on offense. We'll take our lumps this season, but we'll be better in the long run. It could of been worse - at least Appalachain St. isn't on the schedule.:D
To be honest, I have never felt so uneasy going into the kickoff of a Michigan football season. While the teams have been disappointing the past few season, they were certainly well-coached and solid competitors on both sides of the ball. Change is inevitable, but my biggest concerns are that we're moving too quickly (abandon years of "things" that have worked in the past), and that we don't have the personnel to support Coach Rodriguez' vision. I certainly hope that I am wrong, and the players and Coach Rod come through in amazing fashion, but I am still very uneasy!

The good news is the team has a lot more talent than some experts believe. Yes, you can rest assured that Michigan has a lot of talent sitting on the benches. Conversely, much of this talent is unproven and their quarterback position is a huge question mark. Leadership and maturity are two qualities that will define how well, or how poorly, this years team fares. I also get the feeling we may see two or more quarterbacks being used during the first half of the season. We shall see. We are all on pins & needles!

My nephew (offensive lineman) graduated this past May. Although he had a fifth year of eligibility, he was extremly loyal to Coah Carr and decided it was time to pursue other opportunities since it was unlikely he would see much playing time under Coach Rod. The good news is that he is back in school pursuing his Masters in Chemical Engineering and actually has time for something other than football this year.

Anyway, I still have a couple weeks of vacation on the books so I should be able to fly up for a game of two this season. Is anyone up for a game at the Big House? I'll probably attend the Wisconsin game with family, but my calendar is clear for the Toledo game (11 Oct) and tickets are still available.

Attachments

• dsc_0077Med.jpg
    dsc_0077Med.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 67
To be honest, I have never felt so uneasy going into the kickoff of a Michigan football season. While the teams have been disappointing the past few season, they were certainly well-coached and solid competitors on both sides of the ball. Change is inevitable, but my biggest concerns are that we're moving too quickly (abandon years of "things" that have worked in the past), and that we don't have the personnel to support Coach Rodriguez' vision. I certainly hope that I am wrong, and the players and Coach Rod come through in amazing fashion, but I am still very uneasy!

The good news is the team has a lot more talent than some experts believe. Yes, you can rest assured that Michigan has a lot of talent sitting on the benches. Conversely, much of this talent is unproven and their quarterback position is a huge question mark. Leadership and maturity are two qualities that will define how well, or how poorly, this years team fares. I also get the feeling we may see two or more quarterbacks being used during the first half of the season. We shall see. We are all on pins & needles!

My nephew (offensive lineman) graduated this past May. Although he had a fifth year of eligibility, he was extremly loyal to Coah Carr and decided it was time to pursue other opportunities since it was unlikely he would see much playing time under Coach Rod. The good news is that he is back in school pursuing his Masters in Chemical Engineering and actually has time for something other than football this year.

Anyway, I still have a couple weeks of vacation on the books so I should be able to fly up for a game of two this season. Is anyone up for a game at the Big House? I'll probably attend the Wisconsin game with family, but my calendar is clear for the Toledo game (11 Oct) and tickets are still available.

Good for him, at least he wasn't blinded by NFLitis, that he forgot that he was there for an education. So many of these kids waste the biggest gift handed them - their scholarship. I've got a son that's going to be 3 1/2 yrs. in a couple of weeks. He is almost 4' tall already. I would love for him to get a football scholarship, and play at the "Big House", but not for the glory of football, but for the free 4 yr. ride. It cost $39K to get my daughter through 4 yrs. at MSU, and after the my last son, I have a 10 month old daughter to put through college. I'll be 72 when she graduates college. MICHIGAN is somewhere around $20K a yr. NOW, what's it going to be by time they're both old enough?
Congratulations to your nephew, and his parents, who apparently raised a fine young man, who has his head on straight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)