NCAA Football 2013 Off season discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually kidding, as I have no dog in the fight.

My statement was just to point out (later) that when one won't play the other, depending on which side you ask, the other is scared. Ask Texas and A&M fans lately. Although, I'd side with a&m right now, even if I would t say Texas is "scared", it is most certainly their decision.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Well yeah. Salsa is a Cane fan, of course he would say that. I was messing with him in turn, even though I'm not a gator "fan" so to speak.

Sadly no. Miami has been afraid to play them yearly.
Sorry, but Miami's on record of wanting it to be an annual game. Back when the SEC went from 7 to 8 conference games, Florida dropped the annual series, in order to be able to schedule another easy OOC game.

Well Florida plays in the sec. Miami plays a much weaker schedule in conference. Then and now. In any case, my post was in jest.

That said Miami would have far more to lose if they came to play yearly considering recent success. I'd love to see it, however to say that any of these storied programs is scared, is ridiculous.

Sorry, but Miami's on record of wanting it to be an annual game. Back when the SEC went from 7 to 8 conference games, Florida dropped the annual series, in order to be able to schedule another easy OOC game.

Exactly. I mean they, as in the Gators, play FSU every..and like I said, FSU plays Miami every year. I HIGHLY doubt money is the issue.

Well Florida plays in the sec. Miami plays a much weaker schedule in conference. Then and now. In any case, my post was in jest.

That said Miami would have far more to lose if they came to play yearly considering recent success. I'd love to see it, however to say that any of these storied programs is scared, is ridiculous.

Considering their record, they would fair bad...BUT, the only way you get better is playing those teams IN your state the ones stealing recruits from your back yard(well, in reality, i feel more have gone to FSU from down here than to UF).

Ok, not scared, how about going for the easier win than having the balls to play someone tougher?:cool:

How? when both are major football school.

Home game every year instead of every other year means a lot more $.
Very laughable when I hear any fan base talking how this school is scared to play that school.
All about the revenue my friend.
Nothing more. Nothing less.

Not when the annual match was dropped. Miami was an independent then, playing in the National Championship game frequently. Sorry, but Florida is known for having weak OOC schedules. It's one of the reasons I hated it when McGarity came to Georgia from Florida, first thing he did was agree to cancel the Ohio St. home & home series.

At least Meyer suspended him, as opposed to covering thing up like his predecessor. Shows that Ohio St. is moving forward on that front.

At least Meyer suspended him, as opposed to covering thing up like his predecessor. Shows that Ohio St. is moving forward on that front.

"Moving forward"
I don't think that is what Florida called it after he dismantled the football program and then left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL Hall of Fame game this Sunday!

RIP Pro Football Hall of Famer Art Donovan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)