Need 8ft C Band Mesh Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lenny500

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
USA - North Dakota
Anyone know of a good supplier of 8ft C Band Mesh dishes?

A google search returned two suppliers: skyvision and tek2000

Are these suppliers reliable?

If you know of any others or can provide feedback for the above two, please let me know.

ps - new satellite dish only. No ebay or craigs listings

Many thanks!

I purchased an 8ft mesh dish from tek2000. The quality is quite good and the performance is excellent!I used to own a 6ft solid dish from Sadoun, but it was simply too small for C Band. When I was looking for a mesh dish a few months ago, I encountered the same problem as you - there are no manufacturers of this product left in the USA!

I purchased an 8ft mesh dish from tek2000. The quality is quite good and the performance is excellent!I used to own a 6ft solid dish from Sadoun, but it was simply too small for C Band. When I was looking for a mesh dish a few months ago, I encountered the same problem as you - there are no manufacturers of this product left in the USA!

rooneysat,

Several of us are curious about the new tek2000 mesh dishes. Any chance you might upload a few pics? Have you tried it on the nascar router mux or cbs channels on 89W or 97W?

Manhattan Satellite have the Kaultronix/Sami 'in process' of being produced again. http://www.global-cm.net
Mike Kohl said that wasnt going to happen as the equipment was destroyed as it was left outside. :(

We have previously told you about mesh type satellite antennas becoming available soon. This is not true.
The person in Michigan that purchased all of the tooling from Superior Antenna / SAMI in Arkansas has had it in his possession for a few days short of 2 years now. He promised to start manufacturing them nearly 2 years ago, as soon as he had a building available. We had been chasing him on the telephone as well as by EMail for the entire time, with no good result. An investigation by a third party has found that he stored this antenna production tooling outside, exposed to wind, snow, sun and rain. Devices like the machine that makes aluminum mesh from coils of aluminum are now ruined from such improper storage, with little chance that such one-of-a-kind devices can be repaired to the point of operating with reliability. Therefore, we will now say that we will NOT be making mesh antennas.

http://www.global-cm.net/news&views20140125.html

Mike Kohl said that wasnt going to happen as the equipment was destroyed as it was left outside. :(
Stored outside, up north, what were they thinkun? Well, now I know, that that's a 'no go'.

Man I'm sorry to hear about this. I was wondering what was happening with the C-Band dish project from Mike.

I'd ask Titanium, but I think he'd rather take up golf...

Brian's too smart to get involved in making c-band dishes. There simply isn't any market for them in the US that's lucrative enough to manufacture them for people like us.

Besides, we've hardly even come close to exhausting the old 'available for the taking' old ones...

Certainly not one to be interested in golf, but also don't want to store a large and slow moving product in a warehouse....

Actually had been negotiating a dish project for several months with several factories, but have been basing my decisions on Mike and Jeff's dish projects. I had hoped that that they would succeed by now and that Titanium Satellite could cooperate in supporting their "Made in America" dish project with controllers and LNBFS.

I have been discussing a container purchase with a few distributors and resellers of 10 foot and 8 foot quality and heavy aluminum mesh polar mount type dishes. The trigger can be pulled at any time, but I am extremely curious about the tek2000 website. The site's retail prices are far too low for quality builds unless the website is someone's hobby rather than a business. Not sure what to make of it??? Maybe a factory making a play for North America? If these are quality dishes, the prices are basically similar to a high quantity bulk purchase FOB China.

I certainly would be interested in photos and a solid review!

Brian's too smart to get involved in making c-band dishes. There simply isn't any market for them in the US that's lucrative enough to manufacture them for people like us.

Besides, we've hardly even come close to exhausting the old 'available for the taking' old ones...

I completely disagree with this statement. Most people just aren't aware of the kind and quality of free programming available on C-band. Also, if FTA receiver manufactures improved their boxes and targeted the North American market, more people would turn to C-band for tv viewing.

Yes, it is a small niche market that will never rival cable or DBS, but I think at least 1000+ mesh dishes could be sold every year to Americans - easily! There will always be people who want certain feeds, international channels, and those who refuse to overpay for cable.

I think SAMI went out of business because labor costs are simply too high in the USA and not because the market is non-existent.

If any container purchase of C band dishes was made, would the dishes still be coated with a baked on black finish? I recall an article in an old Telesat magazine where a manufacturer stated the costs would be considerably lower if they did not have to paint the aluminum?

Course they would probably be blinding...

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)