need help on ftaW

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skyseacher

Original poster
Sep 11, 2013
va
What do I need to receive 101w,trying to get metv network,have some good fta receivers,looking for input on what size dish and what lnb needed

If MeTV is all you want, then an 8 foot Dish with C Band LNBF would be fine.
You might get away with a smaller dish, but you may want other channels too - bigger is better.

just one rx.i also have a sub.not new to fta,just been out awhile,plan on using sv4000 receiver

Nope sorry. You need an 8 foot or bigger dish and a C-Band LNBF. ;)

BTW Welcome to SatelliteGuys!!

Yes, but it's only capable to getting SD channels, so is very limited for now and especially for the future.

You really should post these questions in your original thread to keep them all together. I'll bet a mod will merge this soon.

It will but it is DVB-S only. A lot of stuff has went to DVB-S2 and more and more moving to it all the time. It will however get your feet wet.

Merged your threads into one.

A 6 footer will get you MeTv most of the time but on Saturday nights certain times of the year METv will vanish when some adjacent strong signal turns on.Not sure if larger dishes are also seeing this problem.

I haven't had ANY issues with receiving MeTv since I upgraded from a 6 foot dish, to a 10 foot dish. I used to lose it at night for hours now and again when they fired up the sports transponder on the other sat nearby. But the 10ft dish cured that problem for good.

If you are going to scrounge a dish, it's just as easy (probably easier) to get a 10ft as a 6ft, and it doesn't limit you so much.

Sure, a YUGO can get you to the same store as a Mercedes, but it's just NOT the same ride! lol.

That's the same problem im seeing now! It seems to be from around 6pm est sat till early sunday mourning. Its a real bummer! we do get METV on cable but that station turns to infomercials from 10pm till 2am and I miss seeing svengoolie and voyage to the bottom of the sea. A bigger dish would be nice but would be a hard sell to my wife and not worth the aggravation to get a few more stations.

That's the same problem im seeing now! It seems to be from around 6pm est sat till early sunday mourning. Its a real bummer! we do get METV on cable but that station turns to infomercials from 10pm till 2am and I miss seeing svengoolie and voyage to the bottom of the sea. A bigger dish would be nice but would be a hard sell to my wife and not worth the aggravation to get a few more stations.

1: Find a 10ft dish that looks a lot like your 6 footer, bring it home and stash it out of sight.
2: Get your wife an all inclusive day-spa coupon so you KNOW she'll be gone for the entire day.
3: Call your friends up and tell them you have LOTS of free beer.
4: Get them to help you swap dishes and tune it in.
5: Drink beer when it's done. Maybe turn on a few friends to the joys of dx'ing satellite
6: Wife gets home and probably never notices the difference.
7: If she does, give her the remaining beer! Or drink it yourself until you no longer care.

8: EVERYBODY WINS! LOL!

1: Find a 10ft dish that looks a lot like your 6 footer, bring it home and stash it out of sight.
2: Get your wife an all inclusive day-spa coupon so you KNOW she'll be gone for the entire day.
3: Call your friends up and tell them you have LOTS of free beer.
4: Get them to help you swap dishes and tune it in.
5: Drink beer when it's done. Maybe turn on a few friends to the joys of dx'ing satellite
6: Wife gets home and probably never notices the difference.
7: If she does, give her the remaining beer! Or drink it yourself until you no longer care.

8: EVERYBODY WINS! LOL!

This should be a sticky.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts