Need help with G10R

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lonewolf85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 21, 2007
pocahontas ark
Hi everyone. I recently got a BUZZ FTA Receiver and I'm trying to set it up for G10R KU BAND. Useing a oval 39 inch by 29 inch primestar dish the dish currently set at 54 elavation, is that to high???? :confused::confused: I'm pretty sure the dish is to small, but it's all I got. So I would like to make it work. Also the LNB is a single output Hughs FSS type. I read on LYNG SAT that the transponder for most of the channels is 11720 V . I get a 71 signal and no quality no matter were the dish is pointed. I'm having NO LUCK at all. PLEASE help.:eek::tux: Thanks!!!:)

Das Hammer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 16, 2006
Too close to Ohio
To know what elevation angle to use, we would need to know what your location is....more specifically your latitude/longitude.

Even with the elevation, don't expect to point once and find it. Your LNBf should work as long as your LOF settings in the Buzz are correct.

Quality number is what you need. If you're using the signal meter on the buzz to help aim your dish, make sure you are on the 11720 V TP or any other active TP on the satellite you are trying to find.

Are you using any switches?

BarneyBean

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 26, 2007
I also use a Primestar dish and LNB that will work. G10 is hard to hit I live in Ohio and my dish is almost straight up and down. Make sure you have your LNB Low at 10750

lonewolf85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 21, 2007
pocahontas ark
THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE GUYS . I LIVE IN POCAHONTAS ARKANSAS 72455. I CARRIED THE RECEIVER AND A TV OUTSIDE AND HAVE TRIED POINTING TUNING THE DISH FROM OUT SIDE I HAVE NO SWITCHS OF ANY KIND INSTALLED. JUST A PIECE OF RG6 COAXE RUNNING FROM THE DISH TO THE RECEIVER. I THINK I MAY HAVE FOUND 121 WEST, AS THE RECEIVER SCANNED IN ABOUT 40 CHANNELS ALL WITH ECHOSTAR NAMES ALL ENCRYPTED. SO I KNOW I AM CLOSE. I ALSO FOUND ANOTHER UNKNOW SAT. THAT HAD ABOUT 15 CHANNELS WITH GALAXY NAMES ALSO ENCRYPTED. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.:tux::)

brentb636

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 24, 2006
5 miles N of Saugatuck, Mi
Remember that for linear signals , you need to skew the lnb in the holder for maximum strength. From the rear of the dish, the lnb will be turned clockwise in the holder to align the H/L polarity signals. My sat calculator says the lnb skew should be about 35 degrees for your location.

:)
Brent

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
a winner every time

Yep if you have landed on 121, have a cold one-you are very very close.
the echo 121 puts out so much power here, moving the dish to 123 is like a 1/8" twist on the pole.
The List (top of page) might help you run down what channels you found.
LyngSat - Lyngemark Satellite , click on n america will get you a list of all the sats, just look at each one's freq plan to see another listing of what's up there.
If you have transponders stored for G10 already, you should be able to find the channels on 11800V easily, just a slight movement of the dish westward.

lonewolf85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 21, 2007
pocahontas ark
Hey Brentb636, I just went out and looked at my LNB. I see the skew adjustment on the LNB. I can adjust it from zero degrees to + 40 degrees or to -40 degrees. So do I need to adjust it to +35 or to -35. I think the LNB adjustment should help me get the Sat. in. Thank you. :):tux:

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
plus side, to get both horiz and vertical channels

otherwise if you got it wrong you may only get one polarity, or none

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
Get behind the dish. With a TV and receiver get signal from 121W. Put the screen up that tells signal quality. The the dish to your right just a little bit until you loss signal. Rescan. You should get what you want.

Good luck.

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE GUYS . I LIVE IN POCAHONTAS ARKANSAS 72455. I CARRIED THE RECEIVER AND A TV OUTSIDE AND HAVE TRIED POINTING TUNING THE DISH FROM OUT SIDE I HAVE NO SWITCHS OF ANY KIND INSTALLED. JUST A PIECE OF RG6 COAXE RUNNING FROM THE DISH TO THE RECEIVER. I THINK I MAY HAVE FOUND 121 WEST, AS THE RECEIVER SCANNED IN ABOUT 40 CHANNELS ALL WITH ECHOSTAR NAMES ALL ENCRYPTED. SO I KNOW I AM CLOSE. I ALSO FOUND ANOTHER UNKNOW SAT. THAT HAD ABOUT 15 CHANNELS WITH GALAXY NAMES ALSO ENCRYPTED. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.:tux::)

amc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
i found 121 and then move the dish just slitely to the left and down just a tad bit and
found g10r here on the rock in corner brook newfoundland canada.it was hard at first
as i was not sure on how to find it .then i started thinking dish 121 is in the same area and i started from there. i admited it took me 3 weeks .lol. but things fell in place.now i have a good idea on how to find it.it seemed like a mith at first was told g10r was out there
just finding it was a b%$#h.

lonewolf85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 21, 2007
pocahontas ark
Update

I am very very close I found 127 W channels 1 2 3 and 129 W white springs TV. I marked the spot on the pole and moved the dish back east just a little bit. I Am scaning right NOW I will let you know what I find.:)
Thanks!!!

Last edited:

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
lonewolf make very small twists on the pole , like 1/8" at a time, its really easy to shoot by G10 with that 121 satellite so close by, and its putting out about 50,000 watts per channel too. (I think, hehe)

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
1/8" can be too wide. From 127 to 123 is literally leaning into the dish

When I had to help a bunch of people reaim their fixed dishes from 95 to 89 for a college that showed games it was about 1/16" from the mark on the mast to go 6 degrees :)

lonewolf85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 21, 2007
pocahontas ark
Thanks guys I will try and get it to come in tomorrow morning. I left the dish on 129.0 W for White springs TV to night . I am really Confident that I will get G10R to come in tomorrow your help is GREATLY APPRECIATED Thanks a million guys.:):hatsoff:

lonewolf85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 21, 2007
pocahontas ark
update found it very happy

I finally got around to getting my dish tuned to G10R, after bad weather prevented me from messing with the dish this past week. I am happy to report that I have the signal booming at 78% signal strengh and 100% quality on the 11800 V transponder. One thing that I have noticed is that the satellite guys the list satellite angle chart elavation is about 4 degrees off for my area. It lists 36 as the peak angle for G10R. But for me I found 40 to get a lot better signal. I probably would not have found this satellite if it hadn't been for all your help. Thanks :up:tux::)

Wescopc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 11, 2005
Canby, Oregon
I finally got around to getting my dish tuned to G10R, after bad weather prevented me from messing with the dish this past week. I am happy to report that I have the signal booming at 78% signal strengh and 100% quality on the 11800 V transponder. One thing that I have noticed is that the satellite guys the list satellite angle chart elavation is about 4 degrees off for my area. It lists 36 as the peak angle for G10R. But for me I found 40 to get a lot better signal. I probably would not have found this satellite if it hadn't been for all your help. Thanks :up:tux::)
The elevation chart is more likely correct and your dish markings are off. We have heard of dish markings being off by as much as 10°!
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)