Need some help with OTA and 722

havok72

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Indiana
I need a little help with my setup. I have a 722 and 211. I had an old VOOM OTA setup (Winegard antenna and dual power pass diplexor) that I reconnected when we lost a local channel a couple of months ago. From what I remember, the dish receiver powers the antenna. It was working great. I was pulling all locals and then some from 50 miles away.
I had a dish alignment problem and a tech came out to realign my dish. He said I can't use the setup I had. He said the dish puts out more power than the power pass diplexor allows. I am not very good at this kind of stuff, but it was working great. I don't want to damage any of my equipment and the local channel is back, so I don't need to hook it back up. I like getting the extra local channels with the OTA. Please advise if it is ok to use or a better way to do it without running new lines.
Thank you for your help.

The red diplexers that sometimes give folks with Dish installations trouble were only rated at 1A, whereas a DPP44 powering 4 LNBs took more like 2A and required the blue diplexers. But neither of those passed power out both inputs as your dual-power-pass diplexer does. I am not at all sure of this... But I suspect that your diplexer can probably handle the current just fine. What Dish antenna do you have? And what's the part number on that dual-power-pass diplexer?

Thank you for replying. I have a Winegard Diplexor Model DP-3020 54-2150 MHz with the antenna and feeds from the satellite going in. Then the signal is separated with diplexor Model SCS-2A 5-2150 MHz 28VDC 2 Amp Max at the back of the receivers. The dish is a Turbo HD 1000 dish I think. The feeds for the receivers come straight from the LNB to the receivers. I had some box in my attic, but they upgraded a couple of years ago and removed that and ran new lines. I just want to make sure by using this setup that I don't burn up my receivers

I can't seem to Google the specs on that Winegard diplexer. But I think it's got a straight wire from the dual sat inputs to the dual sat outputs, so I don't think it's in danger of burning out. I see now you're worried about your receivers. The 722 has been plugged into DPP44s without the power inserter, and I have never heard of it burning out with such treatment. So I don't think you're in danger. All you're doing in addition to powering your 1000.x is to power the amplifier inside your antenna, which has a very minimal current draw. Plus you have two receivers to feed power, so I really doubt you'll fry your receivers or your diplexers.

That is my wag. It would be nice if somebody who actually knew something would offer advice!

I have a Winegard DP-3020 dual satellite/off-air combiner, I suspect I picked up from a VOOM install. It is designed to feed 2 receivers in and output a 12 volt regulated VHF/UHF output and 2 sat inputs 13/18V out is the labelling. I've never used it but this thread had me searching for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts