New DISH goodness!

withay

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Canyon Country, CA
Well, thanks to Claude, I am now a Dish member!

It was great talking to him on the phone - very nice and helpful.

The Installer and his trainee were great guys, the installer was very knowledgable and knew what he was doing. They were scheduled for 12 - 5, and called me at 10:30 to ask if they could come early... Heck yeah!!

They spent around 5 hours at my place, gave me all new cables, a good antenna install, and explained how to use each piece of equipment, and didn't mind that I followed them around watching and asking questions.

I may have learned extra, as the Installer was teaching the trainee, so I think that was a bonus.

I have a 1000.2 dish, and a 622 and a 625 receiver.

I spent hours last night playing with channels. My SD picture on my HDTV is better than when I had Time/Warner, and the picture on my SD TV's is amazing. The HD picture on my HDTV is drool-worthy, and the installer told me he ALWAYS starts on the HD National Geographic channel to show a customer.

I don't have an HDMI connector on my TV, but he gave me one anyway for "when I do get a new TV". It's an HDMI to DVI with an HDMI adapter on the DVI end. Should I just use the HDMI to DVI to my TV instead of the Component?

All in all, a great first-exposure to Dish, I'm happy so far. Thanks Claude!!!!

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

DVI and HDMI are digital connections. Always use these over component when you can.

Glad you had a good experience! But that is to be expected when dealing with Claude. Thanks for sharing.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

DVI and HDMI are digital connections. Always use these over component when you can.

It's all a matter of taste. I find that on my older Toshiba, component cables display a comparable picture to HDMI on HD channels and much better than HDMI on SD channels.

Welcome and glad you had a good experience and what else can you expect from Claude.Hope you enjoy this site and am glad I joined.I have learned alot an am still learning.The people are very nice and very helpful when you have a problem oe even a question.:up:welcome

Ok, my Hitachi 57F500 shows a much better picture using the Component cables than the S Vid or the RCA's or the cable, obviously.

I tried the HDMI at the sat. box to the DVI at the TV, no picture at all, and the settings on the TV were correct, so I'm guessing my TV just won't use it. Or will that only work on an HD channel.... Hmmmm.... The components work on all channels...

Ok, my Hitachi 57F500 shows a much better picture using the Component cables than the S Vid or the RCA's or the cable, obviously.

I tried the HDMI at the sat. box to the DVI at the TV, no picture at all, and the settings on the TV were correct, so I'm guessing my TV just won't use it. Or will that only work on an HD channel.... Hmmmm.... The components work on all channels...

Hey Canyon Country, I'm right up the road from you!
What resolution were you outputting to the TV from the 622? It may be set to 480i, which most TV's will not accept via HDMI/DVI.

Fee to switch packages?

2 grounding electrodes - how to bond?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)