NEW DISH Pricing as of May 23, 2013

Gobucks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 2, 2012
Ohio
I found this site after I got sick of that other site. Any time you would have a problem that could possibly be Directs fault you would get pounced on for saying so. When I was waiting to go with Dish I asked questions about the AMC thing and all I got was flack. It wasn't until I came here that I got my questions answered by people that were not super fan boys.

If you read the thread on DBStalk about the price increases and the AMC thing. Stewart goes out of his way to make excuses for Dish over and over. Don't get me wrong I really like Dish but I will be damned if I ever become a fanboy of a TV service provider. No way no how. I am so glad I found this site!

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
The other thing that Mr. Vernon doesn't get is that not only was the first announcement not just a rumor (he thinks it was because it was ultimately changed), but he doesn't realize that the accurate info posted originally was subsequently changed for the better due to our "going nuts". So they should be thanking SatGuys, not pointing fingers over "rumors". :rolleyes:

Last edited:

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Now with that said, I do want to echo that I do HONESTLY believe that your feedback is what caused a change.

You should have seen the DISH Retailer Portal they were going nuts posting stuff from here to there and telling DISH what a stupid move it was.

In addition I appeared this past Wednesday night on the "Satellite Nation" radio show and told my honest feelings to Charlie and DISH about the prices that were posted here.

This is not the PR DISH needs at the moment... and I think they got it.

It was YOU GUYS using your voice here that made the difference, and on behalf of the other 2 million Hopper users... I THANK YOU!

Great to hear we made some kind of impact and now some praise to Dish, great move Dish!

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
If you read the thread on DBStalk about the price increases and the AMC thing. Stewart goes out of his way to make excuses for Dish over and over. Don't get me wrong I really like Dish but I will be damned if I ever become a fanboy of a TV service provider. No way no how. I am so glad I found this site!
I'm only a fanboy over SatGuys. This place is awesome, and it's the people that make it, from the owners down to the individual regular posters.

Gobucks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 2, 2012
Ohio
Same here my friend! This site has saved me money and provided great info! I was talking about Stewart and those guys over there. I have not seen that over hear yet.

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
I found this site after I got sick of that other site. Any time you would have a problem that could possibly be Directs fault you would get pounced on for saying so. When I was waiting to go with Dish I asked questions about the AMC thing and all I got was flack. It wasn't until I came here that I got my questions answered by people that were not super fan boys.

Yea one thing over here is that when Scott see something good with Dish praise will be I order, when they are making a possible mistake, lets it known as well

DWS44

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2004
Rock Hill, SC
Good to see they paid a bit of attention to us! :D

What if one is exchanging a Hopper for a Hopper w/ Sling? would that be considered adding a Hopper? there probably isn't a clear answer on that. It might be time to buy a hopper with sling and swap it out for one of my original hoppers to avoid the risk of having to pay extra monthly later.

Don't think I saw an answer to this one yet. Every now and then I think about swapping my single Hopper for a single Hopper w/ Sling...so if this were to be done after the new pricing goes into effect, would that swap end the grandfathered pricing?

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Good to see they paid a bit of attention to us! :D

Don't think I saw an answer to this one yet. Every now and then I think about swapping my single Hopper for a single Hopper w/ Sling...so if this were to be done after the new pricing goes into effect, would that swap end the grandfathered pricing?

I am thinking if you want to swap, swap before the 22nd. I am planning thinking of swapping one of my Hoppers to Hopper with sling before the 22nd

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
The other thing that Mr. Vernon doesn't get is that not only was the first announcement not just a rumor (he thinks it was because it was ultimately changed), but he doesn't realize that the accurate info posted originally was subsequently changed for the better due to our "going nuts". So they should be thanking SatGuys, not pointing fingers over "rumors". :rolleyes:
This was posted over there 5 minutes after mine:

Of course there's the question whether the outrage causes Dish to change their mind about the original increase...
I believe so! The thread on Satellite Guys was huge and people were pissed. The fact is that first info came from a Dish rep that confirmed it. So maybe people here should thank Satellite guys and quit pointing fingers. We are all adults. Grow up!! Check out the thread for yourself.

Think alike, or borrowed thought? Either way, it's cool. :)

stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
If I read something anywhere other than here I always take it with a grain of salt. This site & Scott has proven time & time again to have the best & most accurate info anywhere. On top of that it is a great community with a lot of good friendly folks. :)

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
One more thing...

With the original posting it was not me or any SatelliteGuys staff who posted it... it instead was a forum question posted by a member and answered by a DISH staff member.

I in fact held off at posting to that thread for a long time as the news upset me as well.

It was not a rumor, it was a question that was asked by a member and that was answered by DISH.

I am not a DISH cheerleader, I am not a DIRECTV cheerleader... I am just a fan of SATELLITE. I will always tell you my honest opinion no matter if that opinion is good or bad against either company. Again take a listen to my comments on the "Satellite Nation" radio show on Wednesday night and you will see I don't sugar coat anything.

Again I say THANK YOU to DISH for listening to our members and THANK YOU to our members who worked together to make a difference.

Gobucks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 2, 2012
Ohio
That is why I am here Scott! You tell it like it is and don't sugar coat things. I think we all appreciate that!

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts