New HD Dish Installed

1l243

Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
oregon
I recently moved into a new house and it only had a SD dish so I had dish come out and install a new HD dish. Everything works fine with the home system. I use a 211k receiver in the house and I also use that same reciever for my Dish Tailgater that I use in my RV. When I hooked up the Tailgater it does not work. No setup page for location ie states. All I get is searching for signal and it does not find one. It's almost like ther rec I have tried check switch and replaced the coax. My question is, could the Installer have changed something when he installed the new home HD dish that would have made my Tailgater no longer work?

I recently moved into a new house and it only had a SD dish so I had dish come out and install a new HD dish. Everything works fine with the home system. I use a 211k receiver in the house and I also use that same reciever for my Dish Tailgater that I use in my RV. When I hooked up the Tailgater it does not work. No setup page for location ie states. All I get is searching for signal and it does not find one. It's almost like ther rec I have tried check switch and replaced the coax. My question is, could the Installer have changed something when he installed the new home HD dish that would have made my Tailgater no longer work?

There's nothing the installer could have done. The 211 has the software in it and runs the Tailgater. Either there is something wrong with the 211 software, the cable or the Tailgater.

Make sure the tailgater is setting on level ground and a clear LOS to the sats. Then check the coax cable to ensure no bad spots or hard bends and the ends are clean.

Did you run a check switch so the 211 would see the tailgater, it probably still is looking for the stationary dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)