New HD GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Do they have an actual release date yet, Scott? I'm presuming a staggered roll out.

No firm date. It was slated for sometime in November, but there are still a lot of bugs in the CE releases we've been getting. It won't be released until it's relatively stable. But graphics wise it's definitely all that and a bag of chips.. It's going to be worth the wait! :)

Yes a lot faster!

The only negative I see about it is the guide only shows up on your HD sets. If you have any SD TV's slaved off the receiver they can not see the guide.

The only negative I see about it is the guide only shows up on your HD sets. If you have any SD TV's slaved off the receiver they can not see the guide.

I dont understand Scott. I have a H23 hooked to a SDTV and I can see the guide just fine (using a/v cables)

The one bug that bothers me is when you use the 30 skip sometimes at a point it wont work. If you hit FF to go say a minute after that then it works just fine

I see the HD guide as more of an incremental update than anything groundbreaking. Now there is all this screen real estate, yet you can still only see 1.5 hours of the guide at a time going left to right and 3-6 channels top to bottom (depending on the level of banner spam.)

It is faster, which is a major plus, but beyond that it is the same old guide with more pixels.

The thing I still miss the most from Dish (beyond BBCAHD) is the ability to get a real overview of the channel landscape via the guide. I can understand why D* might want to avoid major changes in their GUI for the sake of being seamless, but I honestly don't need to be able to read the guide from 75 feet away. At 15 feet away on my 50" - the text could be 1/3 the size and it would still be very comfortable to read and I'd be able to see 3 times as much at once.

Hopefully they eventually offer the ability to alter the guide (ala Dish) to one's liking.

I would like to see it so you can set the number of channels you want to see in the guide.

That is one of the few changes I would like to see made to it... (and i would like the channel logos in the guide as well.)

Looking at the pictures, I think it really is a major improvement. I think the only flaw is that it won't work if you still use a H20 receiver.

Looking at the pictures, I think it really is a major improvement. I think the only flaw is that it won't work if you still use a H20 receiver.

It's not really a flaw, the H20 doesn't have the ability to have the hd gui. I don't know if it's a memory or processing issue.

I would like them to make the guide extend the hours longer like dish does instead of just 1.5 to 2 like direct does :) scott good idea on number of channels :)

The one bug that bothers me is when you use the 30 skip sometimes at a point it wont work. If you hit FF to go say a minute after that then it works just fine
Happening to me too. I think it's cause I am mashing the button to fast.

I missed the d/l window last week, so I don't know if it's been fixed yet, but I'm having intermittent skip/fwd/back problems too. If I skip back it'll go to a white screen until I pause/restart. This happens randomly and took a while (almost a week) to show up after the download.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)