New HD GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Eventually but only when a new version is pushed out. Has nothing to do with being connected to the net. I would suggest manually forcing an update by pressing 0-2-4-6-8 upon power up after a reset.

I had the new GUI on my HR-21. Just upgraded to a new HR-24. It's now hooked up to the internet. Will it automatically upgrade to the new GUI, or do I have to do something to update it? It's currently still showing the old guide setup.

Eventually but only when a new version is pushed out. Has nothing to do with being connected to the net. I would suggest manually forcing an update by pressing 0-2-4-6-8 upon power up after a reset.
Joe,
I would do a software update like rise mentioned, you can do that at anytime....
Do you know what software version your currently on ?

You got the NR when you set it up originally, an update will pick up any newer software out there.

It updated automatically yesterday, so I have the new setup. The HR24 I bought had software that was released in December.

I'm using and HR-21 700 and I'm having an issue with the new HD GUI, in the Guide.

Sometimes just randomly, it will not properly line up with the channel I am currently on. I will scroll through the guide, and the highlighter will be on the channel that I scrolled to, but the description part will be on a different channel or won't change at all. I RBR'ed it twice and I'm currently doing it now. That helps, but eventually it messes up again.

Is there any way to fix this permanently?

Nasty. I have an HR21 & new HD GUI and am not seeing this problem at all.

I just had service installed on Feb 1st with an HR24 and it had the new GUI. On the 14th they gave me an HR34 in exchange and it had the old menus (ver 04c9). It still hadn't updated as of yesterday, so I tried the reset and 0-2-4-6-8 described in a previous post and it ran an upgrade, but to the same 04c9 version. Setup is showing no software upgrade scheduled. Any suggestions - just wait or check with customer service? Not a major problem, just curious.

I just had service installed on Feb 1st with an HR24 and it had the new GUI. On the 14th they gave me an HR34 in exchange and it had the old menus (ver 04c9). It still hadn't updated as of yesterday, so I tried the reset and 0-2-4-6-8 described in a previous post and it ran an upgrade, but to the same 04c9 version. Setup is showing no software upgrade scheduled. Any suggestions - just wait or check with customer service? Not a major problem, just curious.

i don't think the new gui is out for the HR34. you need to participate in the ce program. here's the link :DIRECTV Cutting Edge (CE) Discussion Forum

I'm not sure who is happier, you or me!!!

Thanks for posting the answer to your own question! Many other forums tried saying it was some kind of hardware limitation, which I knew was BS.

When I record something to DVD from my DVR, I watch it in High Definition on my Tv's HDMI input while I send the lower res S-video signal to my DVD recorder. I do a decent amount of editing, so I couldn't have that popup show up every time I paused or fastforwarded something on the DVR. Especially since I wouldn't necessarily know I was recording the popup message on my DVD recorder because I was actually watching the show using the HDMI input that doesn't show the message.

ahhh I figured it out! soooooo happy!!!!

When the gray screen came on saying the message in bold above, I held the exit button like it said so my TV was no longer HD resolutions and it only became 480i but when I went to the menu screen and HDTV options and TV resolutions and moved it up to 480i and click info to confirm I could see the picture. Then I turned on 720p and the gray screen came up saying the message above in bold but I still clicked info(even tho it did not give me the option) and the gray pop up went away! :) Then I turned on 1080i and gray popup returned but I just hit info and the gray screen went away and thenI turned on 1080p and the gray screen popup came again and I just hit info and it went away! :)

So it must be a glitch because I can see the HD Guide and the TV sceen.

This was gray popup I was getting https://twitter.com/#!/EricSturrock/status/150063431909773313/photo/1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)