NEW HD IN OCTOBER

Scott has already said that it is delayed until sometime around the 1st of the year. Why are their people still holding their breath over something that has been postponed?

How is this stringing customers along? I do not remember any promises to add all or even any HD channels that come along. That is not to say that I would not like more HD, only that I never remember a specific contract to add more HD. If I am paying $X for Y number of channels today and I am paying the same price for the same number of channels on Dec 31, I don't feel I am being cheated.

You're right about the no life part. ****think Al Bundy**** I thought somebody said sometime in October. Oh well

If I remember correctly, isn't February Charlie's (Dish Network CEO) favorite time of the year, when he raises prices on everything. It's Christmas for himself and his family. We will see NEW HD next year, but at a price.

Does anyone know if CNN "Headline News" ever plans on going HD, as far as I know they are the last major news provider to be SD. BTW I know the main CNN is in HD already. And yes I do realize I'm hijacking my own thread.

Does anyone know if CNN "Headline News" ever plans on going HD, as far as I know they are the last major news provider to be SD. BTW I know the main CNN is in HD already. And yes I do realize I'm hijacking my own thread.

Don't know if you've noticed nor really care, but the actual HD broadcast time that CNN offers vs Fox News is paultry. Virtually all FOX News schedule from early morning is HD. Would having CNN Headline be any more HD time than their sister?

I hear you, I wondered why the CNN that is in HD, always shows bars on the side. What's the friggin' deal with that?

Last edited:
I got an offer in the Mail yesterday from DirectTV and in the literature it states that they have 200 HD channels coming. That is 200 more HD Channels!!! Kind of hard to believe.

I wonder if Dish Network has already committed a new
HD Channel slot to Viacom's new premium channel Epix.

I got an offer in the Mail yesterday from DirectTV and in the literature it states that they have 200 HD channels coming. That is 200 more HD Channels!!! Kind of hard to believe.

They will have the capacity to offer up to 200 HD channels after they are able to successfully launch and deploy the D12 satellite in Dec/Jan. That capacity will be avaliable sometime in early 2010. They won't be adding another 200 HD channels.

There is hope for new HD soon as I now have Style as an absolute customer and it's not listed as a free preview channel either. The last time this happened we received the viacom networks.

There is hope for new HD soon as I now have Style as an absolute customer and it's not listed as a free preview channel either. The last time this happened we received the viacom networks.

Hmmm...you're probably reading too much into that as you should be getting E! and G4 too if they had done a deal. On the other hand, Absolute and Turbo are so screwed up now, maybe you would only get one of the 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)