New HD on DishNetwork? "Soon" might be right around the corner...

I am with quality too. Dish did a good effort for the HD channels. Can't help satellite launch pad failures.

I don't criticize E* for not having the new HD channels up yet. What I do criticize them for is their lack of communication about what is going on and lying about being the HD leader and saying that they have 75 national HD channels. I think you can count all of the RSN's as 1 collectively, but not individually.

My HD Wish List is
USA
SciFi
Nick
ESPNews

I have most of the others that I want. Most of the HD I watch is sports. However, I am planning to get a 37" for the bedroom so my wife and I can watch other shows in HD in there.

I don't criticize E* for not having the new HD channels up yet. What I do criticize them for is their lack of communication about what is going on and lying about being the HD leader and saying that they have 75 national HD channels. I think you can count all of the RSN's as 1 collectively, but not individually.

My HD Wish List is
USA
SciFi
Nick
ESPNews

I have most of the others that I want. Most of the HD I watch is sports. However, I am planning to get a 37" for the bedroom so my wife and I can watch other shows in HD in there.

I agree with you on that. I wish they had someone that could monitor this forum too and help out with things. But, I could see where that could become a nightmare for them.

If any New Hd channel Should be added it should be Speed, not something dumb like wfn (World Farting Network).:)
fart003[1].giffart006[1].gif

I'd like to see Fishing in HD. And hunting, and bowling, and curling and even the regional barefoot waterskiing championships.

Right after about 200 other HD channels are added.

Of course, I'd only watch about an hour a year of those things. :rolleyes:

Well I decided to join the club. Reading this thread has been entertaining and believe it or not has got me excited for things to come.

I sure hope we get something new to watch in HD this week!!!! I am worried if we do not get something this week or next, my excitement level will drop to a new low.

Come on E* lets rock-n-roll.

I am afraid you guys are going to be sadly disappointed. Has anyone considered the scenario that Dish knows that we watch their uplinks or datastream and that they manipulate this just to have fun with us and keep our hopes up? I'm not saying I believe that's what they are doing, but since they refuse to annouce anything or tell us anything, I guess it's a possibility. Of all the possible channels they have to add, I doubt they will add SpeedHD ahead of some of the other ones. To do so makes too much sense.

I would think from a PR standpoint keeping E* in the publics eye as a positive organization is important. In order to keep consumers happy an organization should not mess around with uplinks just to play with forum members.

Hopefully E* will lite up some new HD this week or next without anymore games (if they are actually messing with us).

I would be very happy if they got the following HD channels fully viewable this month:

SciFi
USA
Speed
FX
Smithsonian
MGM

Last edited:
I am afraid you guys are going to be sadly disappointed. Has anyone considered the scenario that Dish knows that we watch their uplinks or datastream and that they manipulate this just to have fun with us and keep our hopes up? I'm not saying I believe that's what they are doing, but since they refuse to annouce anything or tell us anything, I guess it's a possibility. Of all the possible channels they have to add, I doubt they will add SpeedHD ahead of some of the other ones. To do so makes too much sense.

I wouldn't think they would do something like that. This forum to me has been a big help for Dish. There is lotsa help in this forum from helpful folks that have outstanding expertise knowledge with all this satellite stuff. I sure have appreciated all the help from everyone and it has saved me bunches of phone calls to Dish.

That's my point with E*, icelite. They have not lit up any new HD for a pretty long time now, but every so often the uplink report gives "some news" that a new HD channel was uplinked, but it never comes through.

I would be very happy if they got the following HD channels fully viewable this month:

SciFi
USA
Speed
FX
Smithsonian
MGM

For USA the end of the month isn't soon enough. I have been listening to all the rumors about USA coming soon for weeks now. And each week I have had to watch Monk and Psych in SD. There is only one more episode of each of these left this season.

We need USA HD now!

An unrelated question---I have the Top 250 package plus I used to pay $20/month extra for all the non-premium HD channels Dish offered. I know about the price increase and the three new HD packages only from the satelliteguys forums. Dish has told me nothing in writing, either by e-mail or in any of my bills. Is Dish just automatically assigning people to new packages based on some mysterious formula? In my next bill am I going to see a price increase dumped on me without any advance notice?

Thanks everyone for the information. Had to join the pub today because I too am wondering about the Speed channel. USA-HD and the others. MGM would be awesome esp if they do a lot of older movies.

Now where I live they are saying that channels are moving on the 13th.
Altitude HD is going from 360 to 410 so it will not have two different spots.
Fox RM will be going to 414 from 364. So maybe they are getting things in place.

Maybe but you guys are alot smarter then me on these things.

I called psychic Sylvia Browne and she said we'd get USA HD during the last week of February! The general 6 weeks waiting period since the starting of WWE Raw in HD will end the last week of Feb., meaning Dish will flip the switch as I have said before, Dish Network is always 6 wks late on adding channels after a particular event, I am sure Speed HD will come along 6 wks or so after Daytona week too! Just my opinion...LOL and Sylvia Browne's too!

4th TV (3rd receiver) question

Replacement 622 keeps rebooting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts