New HD on DishNetwork? "Soon" might be right around the corner...

I am relatively new to this forum, so forgive this if it is a very dumb question, but now that these channels are uplinked, does anyone have any idea when they will become available, or is it one of those, could be any time things? Is there a typical day it is done, or just when Charlie decides to flip the switch?

That we have no answer too, some channels in the past were uplinked for months (or longer) but were never made available to customers.

We wait and speculate until we see them. :)

I believe this is DISH BS equal to stopping the flow of customers to D and downgrading hd channels. If they have the channels up and we'd have them. Also, if they were going to add these channels why keep it a secret? That surely isn't good for business. I don't think we will see new HD until at least Spring if then. Speculation like this buys them time!

Dish is getting more hd channels by the end of the year but how many? who knows.. but.. I would assume they dont want to trow a big 150 chan party and all and then come out shirt as direct tv did. Also dish doesnt want to count the hd ppv channels as channels.. i believe they only have around 31 hd channels as of now?

Doppy your not catching the big picture. Dish NEEDS to add some exclusive HD channels to its $20 HD package or else everyone is going to downgrade to the $10 HD package.

The VOOM channels are no longer "glue" and HD fans could honestly do without Voom now and save $10 a month.

Adding USA or Scifi in HD does nothing for Dish in keeping the customer a $20 a month HD customer.

Follow the money trail.

I guess I am missing something about this also. If Dish is concerned about losing $10/mo by everyone downgrading to the Essentials pack why did they offer it as an option?

Why not stick with Ultimate and HD only packs?

What will happen to the HD only pack when Dish does eventually have 100 legitimate national HD Channels? That's when I see real potential for people downgrading their $100 packages to the HD only package for $30.

Last edited:
I guess I am missing something about this also. If Dish is concerned about losing $10 mo by everyone downgrading to the Essentials pack why did they offer it as an option?

IMO they did it because Directv has a $10 HD package. They needed to stay competitive. Now they can charge an extra $10 for the other HD when Directv only charges $5 because they have more channels that are HD only.

don't they add channels on saturdays too?i thought i read somewhere that dish makes changes on wed. or sat.

They could...will they...no one knows....best thing to do is subscribe to the uplink report thread with instant email notifications, since everything else is pure speculation/rumor...

IMO they did it because Directv has a $10 HD package. They needed to stay competitive. Now they can charge an extra $10 for the other HD when Directv only charges $5 because they have more channels that are HD only.
They did it to show that they were staying competitive with DirecTV. I dont think they expected many current customers to downgrade so quickly or at all.

I don't have time to read threw all this mumbo jumbo so can someone just please tell me if there are new HD channels next week? And what are they???????

I don't have time to read threw all this mumbo jumbo so can someone just please tell me if there are new HD channels next week? And what are they???????

Nothing too exciting.

QVC HD
International Chess Players Network HD
Chinese Climetology HD

There are a few others but not as good as these. Mostly just filler.

I agree with you, reading the posts are a waste of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)