New Hybrid LNB coming Dec. 10

I am looking to update my ViP system with HWS + SuperJoey, but I'm holding off until these new Hubs are available. However, I have an EA Dish 1000.4 so it sounds unlikely I'd be a candidate for the new hardware.
As long as your locals are not in one of the 6 or so markets that are only fed by the 77 sat you will have no problem switching once it is available.

Why wouldn't they keep DPP stuff around? There will be plenty of install scenarios where the hybrid setup won't work. If the Hopper was the only receiver they sold period, then maybe you could see eventually phasing out, but they still sell non-Hopper receivers for both home and RV users. Plus, even in the notice that was posted earlier in the thread there was explicitly situations where they said a DPP (IE: non-hybrid) setup would be required. Then, finally, think about MDU and business installations where a two output LNB would not work.

Don’t forget the market in the north; does Bell use DPP stuff?

As long as your locals are not in one of the 6 or so markets that are only fed by the 77 sat you will have no problem switching once it is available.
I went to the Dish Channel Charts up at the top of the page and double-checked that my DMA is on 61.5°W (Spotbeam 55). So, I could live with the new LNB.

Reactions: Dudleydog73
Right now I have two Hoppers with Sling, plus four Joeys. With this new install approach, would I be able to change to one Hopper with Sling, plus one Super Joey, plus four Joeys?

This has zero impact on the support of the number of joeys or super joeys or hoppers on a given installation. It just changes the number of lines required from the dish down to the "hub", and is not even compatible with some more extensive installations (more than two hoppers, etc)

Right now I have two Hoppers with Sling, plus four Joeys. With this new install approach, would I be able to change to one Hopper with Sling, plus one Super Joey, plus four Joeys?
You can easily, but why would you want to get rid of 1 extra tuner, and 2tb of had space for the super Joey? If not mistaken you'd only save 2 dollars a month.

So you have 6 tuners for 6 rooms of service currently ,
But you want to change to 5 tuners For 6 rooms instead?
Why on earth would you want to do this?
For a only $2 savings per month, that will cost you more then that to buy the new LNB and splitters?
Unless you are thinking about adding a Super Joey to your Dual Hopper account?
Only problem with that is Dish won't allow a Super Joey on a Dual hopper account.
Single Hopper only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
What ? What will the super joey give you that 2 HWS wont?

Well...single set of timers and single repository of recordings, are a couple I can think of off the top of my head. Full integration in that you never have to select between multiple hoppers...its just all one-stop shopping.

Well...single set of timers and single repository of recordings, are a couple I can think of off the top of my head. Full integration in that you never have to select between multiple hoppers...its just all one-stop shopping.
I guess so, Just sounds more lazy then Full Integration.

Full integration, rather than partial integration.
I could see your point if you were talking about having a H2K and 1 HWS, with 4 joeys Since there are missing apps on the H2K like Netflix.
But that minor thing is easily resolved by using Netflix off my TV.
But 2 Hoppers with Sling?

Sounds more like yous guys are being more argumentative then acually supporting a potential benifit.

Potential Benefit? Honestly not trying to be argumentative, but you do realize that the integration between a Hopper & Super Joey is completely different than the quasi-integration between two Hoppers (H2K or HWS), right?

I have 2 HWS. For me, this is a perfect setup. However, some people do not want to go to a different room to change, edit, delete tuners, when there is an option to do it from one location(any tv location). That was the benefit of the SJ, and one of the biggest reasons Dish offered that, rather than just stick with 2 hoppers. Different users have different preferences, and you and I have similar preferences, but there was a 2 week long debate about the SJ integration when it first came out. Half the crowd loved full integration and begged for the 2 hopper option to be, and others hated having integration, and beg to keep them separate. So depending on his preference of use and viewing habits, the SJ may be the better option for him. Has nothing to do with being argumentative, just with preference. Finally Dish gives the option for ones home viewing preference, and now we are arguing that these options are not a good thing. Netflix may not be his issue, but one single room continuity could be a big deal.

Thanks all for your comments. I am very pleased with our current dual-Hopper setup. Right now I own all four Joeys, but lease the Hoppers. Usually have two Joeys offline since I only need them when we have guests. Also own both dishes and DPP33 switch, Dual Node, etc. Have always done my own installs and have never had a tech visit. Am just looking ahead to the rumors of new Hoppers coming which would need the new architecture and wondering what my configuration options might be at that time.

Thanks all for your comments. I am very pleased with our current dual-Hopper setup. Right now I own all four Joeys, but lease the Hoppers. Usually have two Joeys offline since I only need them when we have guests. Also own both dishes and DPP33 switch, Dual Node, etc. Have always done my own installs and have never had a tech visit. Am just looking ahead to the rumors of new Hoppers coming which would need the new architecture and wondering what my configuration options might be at that time.
Until we know what the new equipment is, no one can answer you. None of us know what the new hopper will be, all we know if the new LNB has the node built into it.

Dish is very much following DirecTV's lead, where even with the SWM, where they've slowly over time reduced the amount of equipment such as switches needed, and where they're about to release an LNB that supports 22 tuners from every single one of their orbital slots on one coax that can be split like cable TV, they still sell old legacy four output LNBs and external SWM and even non-SWM switches.
Hybrid is a very short putt from DPP. It isn't anything like SWiM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)