New Rumor!

RandallA said:
No kidding! There isn't enough HD content yet.

Yes there is, it's just not all in English. ;)

I'll take some good Japanese Drama or Anime as well as any Korean Drama in HD no problem though, long as it's subtitled.

Speaking of that XBR 60" I'd suggest to a person who's DYING to get an HD right now to just buy a Sony XBR WS CRT to tide them over till the SED's come. :-D

Last edited:
Ya gotta love those Sears salesguys. My favorite two comments (which I've posted before)

1)"You know, High Definition TV is coming out next year." (This was in 2004, and I was watching HDNET at the time.)

2)"You can't get those VOOM channels anymore." (A few months ago...Animania HD was on the TV in front of me.)

BobaBird said:
More like new ATSC programming, specifically Voom, will be 70% HD.
Huh? ATSC is an over-the-air broadcast standard, not satellite.

Maybe he meant that HD will use up 70 percent of Dish Network's bandwidth ... Even that seems high right now though.

The broadcast standard is 8VSB. Anyway, what I failed to get across is that with the coming of HD Lite the guy may have inadvertently been correct since some channels have been reduced from "full HD" to "70% HD." But if the joke needs this much explaining.... ::does Johnny Carson tap dance::

I used to work for Sears about 12-15 years ago. 99% of salespeople in HomeCentral had 0% idea about what they were talking about. The only people that knew a little were people selling washers and dryers because they were doing it for decades. As far as audio/video- do your own research first. Read this forum avsforum and others, check out users opinions, and only then go and look with your own eyes if you like it. Do not ask anyone any questions at a store except "Do you have this in stock?" :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)