New software - The new program guide colors suck!!!

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
Just got the new software on my 722 (L670). Does anyone else think that the new program guide colors suck? White letters on a gold background for the All Sub list? Who at Echostar thinks that looks good?

Honestly, All I ever use is my custom list so it doesn't impact me, but I just looked and I agree with you. Doesn't look great.

Just got the new software on my 722 (L670). Does anyone else think that the new program guide colors suck? White letters on a gold background for the All Sub list? Who at Echostar thinks that looks good?

Obviously somebody that's colorblind.

Sounds silly but, do you have a picture of it?

I got the 322 here in mexico and I hate the mustard-yellow background used in the first custom list XD

Mine is green for All Sub and gold for All HD.

Still don't like it though. I liked light-blue for All Sub.

I got the software a few nights ago and my custom list went from Dark Green to Light Pink. Really threw me off there. I just changed my custom list and use the Navy Blue one. I actually like that one better.

The colors aren't new; it is what each represents that is new, or has been shifted around. In other words, in my case, I have grown accustomed to the color assignments for years because I do use all the User lists. I could tell instantly which list I was in by the color.

Now, Dish has taken the same colors and mixed them all up.
Old Color Assignments: All sub: LIGHT BLUE; All HD: AQUA; User 1: GOLD; User 2: GREEN; User 3:ROSE; User 4: ORANGE

New Color Assignments: All Sub: GREEN; All HD: GOLD; User 1: Orange; User 2: ROSE; User 3: LIGHT BLUE; User 4: AQUA.

So, now I am totally confused when I see the color of the guide and am trying to learn the new color assignments.

Changing the which color represents which user seems to be a totally pointless change. WHY! Why confuse subs with what seems a completely useless change. Now, if there were NEW colors, there might be a point to that.

The colors aren't new; it is what each represents that is new, or has been shifted around. In other words, in my case, I have grown accustomed to the color assignments for years because I do use all the User lists. I could tell instantly which list I was in by the color.

Now, Dish has taken the same colors and mixed them all up.
Old Color Assignments: All sub: LIGHT BLUE; All HD: AQUA; User 1: GOLD; User 2: GREEN; User 3:ROSE; User 4: ORANGE

New Color Assignments: All Sub: GREEN; All HD: GOLD; User 1: Orange; User 2: ROSE; User 3: LIGHT BLUE; User 4: AQUA.

So, now I am totally confused when I see the color of the guide and am trying to learn the new color assignments.

Changing the which color represents which user seems to be a totally pointless change. WHY! Why confuse subs with what seems a completely useless change. Now, if there were NEW colors, there might be a point to that.

I agree :up .

The colors aren't new; it is what each represents that is new, or has been shifted around. ...Now, Dish has taken the same colors and mixed them all up.

Since I only use All Sub or All HD I had not realized that all that this change did was to shift the same colors around. In that case, I agree that this change is even more useless than if they had used new colors. Maybe this change was just an unintentional software programming error.

I was looking forward to the sound control leveling on my 722 and am very disappointed that it as not included. Maybe now that Congress has made it a law, Dish will get off their ass and do something about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)