New to FTA since June 2014, My Dish Farm & FTA Project.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Common kids... play nice in the sandbox...

I only see a fellow satellite hobbyist trying to help you. Boris uses a translation site to participate in this forum, so I am sure that occasionally things will get lost in the translation and because of the differences between our cultures.

Approaches to provide assistance and misunderstandings happen to me when participating on non-English European forums to support my products. Sometimes there are total screw-ups with my translations and I have had to apologize more than once for a translation error! :eeek Place the magical satellite burro on the porch swing and twist his ears until the signal is maximized.... LOL!!! I just pull up my Big Boy Pants, learn and move on... :D

Brian is right! Lets not stir up the fire guys.
Christopher it is nice to have you on the forum. That translator can make things sound bad sometimes. Google ain't as perfect yet as it thinks it is. ;)

Primestar31 is right about Boris, sometimes the translation from Russian to English isn't the best and doesn't always come across as intended, I'm sure that Boris wasn't trying to beat you down, he's a decent guy.

I had one poster that I'd thought was dumping on me and after a couple of posts I just told them, I think you're dumping on me and you've damn well pissed me off. No sense to beating around the bush about it. 99% of the time on here everyone's been helpful and friendly to me, but there's been a few times where I've felt dumped on, probably the same for everyone else here too. With thousands of members, there's bound to be a few times here and there where people feel like they're getting crap from someone!

If someone truly does dump on you, then just ignore them. There are many, many friendly and helpful people on this forum and to quit because of one post would only make you lose out on what information and friendship could be gained here.

Last edited:
Reactions: primestar31
Well............. I would like to stay, if I could be treated a little better. I really do love FTA, and want the hobby to improve, not go under as in recent years. I will think on it more, and maybe try to delete this now bad nightmare of a thread, and not post anything else; since it always gets me in trouble somehow. But I do not offer apologizes, I have 35 years worth of people that owe me apologizes, before I give a few of my own. I hope this will be a good compromise. :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Well............. I woukd like to stay if I could be treated a little better. I do love the FTA hobby, and want it to improve, instead of go under as in recent years. Maybe I can try to delete this now nightmare of a thread and not post anything anymore. I always get in trouble for some reason.

Stay and I think you'll find out that for the most part, you'll be treated well here. As far as posting, if you want to post something, go ahead and post, if you stir up some muck, oh well, we've all stuck our finger into a hornet's nest here at one time or another! :eek:

Hey chris I am here to help you got questions I can help you out. I was a newbie on here it took me sometime to figure out the world of fta people but people have helped me out on here with there info. I have learned much from different people on here but I enjoy working on my fta system my mom complained about it but now she likes it once she watches good shows on my dish. I would like to hear more about your setup my is far from great but I make do with what I have and patched things together to make it work. I would like to talk to you further if you are interested?

Don't worry over deleting the thread, it's not that bad! maybe Scott [the owner of the site] will delete it for you, if not, it will be buried within a week and no one will be viewing it. :)

Yes, hopefully in time the embarrassment will be buried. :) I was just really excited about my first FTA project being finished and working, and couldn't wait to show it to everyone on the site; to show my support for FTA.

Hey chris I am here to help you got questions I can help you out. I was a newbie on here it took me sometime to figure out the world of fta people but people have helped me out on here with there info. I have learned much from different people on here but I enjoy working on my fta system my mom complained about it but now she likes it once she watches good shows on my dish. I would like to hear more about your setup my is far from great but I make do with what I have and patched things together to make it work. I would like to talk to you further if you are interested?

Hey Dan, sure! I am free to chat with you, you can always send me a private message if you would like. :) I am sure your setup is working pretty well for the time you spent on it, I would be interested to know more in what you have to say or share.

We don't delete threads unless something illegal or very vulgar is discussed.
Let this be the last post and in a few days you won't see it unless you go a page or two deep. ;)

Last edited:
Good afternoon a forum. If who was offended by my translation from Russian on English it is the Internet problem. All of us fans satellite tv we study each other, it is independent where it is lived. I as the former military person have got used to an order in all. And that a photo has laid out with circles and questions so it is friendly aid. I faced such pipe-/metal thin was/-clamp earlier and it bends and began to put inside a wooden peg. And your technology of a label of a heater on an obverse part of mirror Dish at us to Russia will not go. I wrote that there will be a signal loss at a heater label. And a heater at us to fix on the other hand Dish.
In other theme I will lay out a photo with 5 m. Dish and a heater to it.
Thanks.
51b7b0e69226c89874b9379af908e6f5.gif

Reactions: beavs2112
Christopher, your first FTA setup is certainly better than mine. It took me a while to discover a way to secure it to the roof. I'm sure that the wood blocking you used in the attic and the pole bracing will secure it in place for quite a while. Don't worry about others judging your setup. We're only trying to help and give suggestions from what we've learned over time.

Andrew & Boris, thank you. I am feeling a little better enough to see about maybe getting into a little C-Band action in the near future. :)

Wow you have gone to a lot of work. Nice setups. I'm amazed that your wife allowed you to drill holes in the roof! I'm curious where you are located that you need dish heaters. Here in the Toronto area and further north we get lots of cold and snow but I have never seen a dish heater?

Thank you jorgek, it was a lot of hard work for me in the sun and heat. I am surprised myself actually that my wife let me drill holes into her roof as well. But she figured if the project would make me happy instead of being depressed all the time, it was worthwhile; and she thought more free channels are always good to have. I live in Lexington, KY. where the winters are generally mild, 30's-50's. But there have been a few winters recently where having a dish heater came in very handy, especially in a winter storm, where you need the local weather. We had a winter storm that snowed up the dish on the roof, no way to clear it off, so that's when we bought the dish heater. After a few winters and much extensive testing, I have yet to see where the signal is supposed to have this huge drop off?? We may not always need the heater, but its very handy to have. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts