Newbie Spotbeam Question

OneSickPup

Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
Ky
I've been lurking about for quite some time trying to educate myself. I didn't want to ask a stupid repetitive question if an answer was already provided elsewhere. So anyways - here goes my first post......

I live within zipcode 42701 which is pretty near the center of the published footprint for spotbeam 10 off Dish's 110W sat. My locals based on this address would be Louisville Ky. I understand that by moving your service address creatively you can switch to different dma's within that spotbeam. Spotbeam 10 contains 6 different DMA's (Cincy, Louisville, Lexington. Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanoga). My question is this - being in the center of this spot area - could I opt for any of these DMA's? Or is coverage for (say Cincinnati) only receivable in the northeastern section of the spotbeam 10 footprint?

the only way to get other channels in your spotbeam are to change your address
yes there are many topics like this already they were just made a long time ago

You can choose any of the DMAs carried on that spot beam and you'll be fine. One thing - I don't think you mentioned HD locals...if you might be interested in those (now or in the near future), that could influence your choice since not all of those DMAs have their HD locals available on Dish yet.

WIrving

In a similar vein, does anyone know the footprint of the Chicago, IL spotbeam from 61.5 or at least a legible spotbeam "footprint" map so that I may research the issue myself? The ones I've found via Google are all nonsense to me.

I am thinking about 'moving' somewhere near Chicago soon because HD locals aren't carried for the Champaign, IL area.

I've been lurking about for quite some time trying to educate myself. I didn't want to ask a stupid repetitive question if an answer was already provided elsewhere. So anyways - here goes my first post......

I live within zipcode 42701 which is pretty near the center of the published footprint for spotbeam 10 off Dish's 110W sat. My locals based on this address would be Louisville Ky. I understand that by moving your service address creatively you can switch to different dma's within that spotbeam. Spotbeam 10 contains 6 different DMA's (Cincy, Louisville, Lexington. Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanoga). My question is this - being in the center of this spot area - could I opt for any of these DMA's? Or is coverage for (say Cincinnati) only receivable in the northeastern section of the spotbeam 10 footprint?

OneSickPup........I sent you a PM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)