Next project - center channel shelf

The fronts are prob gonna go like this:

Sanus stands
5590489_ra.jpg

And the two 800's
ProMon800_BL_GrilleOff_POP.jpg

Adjusted to proper height, not bad for $375

Yeah, that "nipple" in the middle of the mid and the planar woofer on the top of the fronts and sides of the center, make for a weird design, but the SQ is good.

Yeah, that "nipple" in the middle of the mid and the planar woofer on the top of the fronts and sides of the center, make for a weird design, but the SQ is good.

i really like them though. if they sound as good as they look your set.

Yeah, I watched cloverfield earlier and it sounds great. I have a smaller Polk I used for a bit, but it just sounds puny, which I why I put the bigger back into play, its just too big.

Right now, Id describe it as compact size, big sound, and good clarity. I like its sound a little better than the polks, and it seems to stand in better against the bass in a movie like cloverfield than the polks do. Some of this could be due to how Audyssey set it up, but it def sounds good. Even if it sounded the same as the larger polk, i like it because its much smaller.

Ill enjoy adding the procinema 1000's because they wont look as bulky and blocky as the polk floors I have now. The smaller bookshelfs on a thin stand, situated like mine are for everyone to see, look better IMHO.

Yeah, I like it where its at, the problem was my one polk was too big, and the other was too small. The def tech is just right, and sounds great. Its angled up and pointed right at us.

Well, here she is. Im very pleased with the look, fixing to pop in transformers and see how it sounds.

Decided that a 2.1 system is not for me, especially not after having a 3.1 for a bit.

I like how you got the new center on the base of your 85u. Curious, where is the IR sensor on the TV? If I do that with my set up, it blocks the sensor on my 800u, which is toward the left hand side, but within the footprint of the base. I have to put my center in front of the TV's base and 1 1/2 inch to the right to have direct line of sight. Unfortunately my Yamaha center is also a little wider.

The IR is to the left hand side of the tv, near the power switch and energy star sticker.

The center and tv look like a penguin protecting its egg on its feet :). I really like how it blends in when the room is dark for movie viewing, all I have on is my backlight and the whole front of the tv is black. Even when a lamp on for nighttime tv, the speaker almost disappears. The Polk has some silver, so it always stuck out.

I believe the woofer on top is actually a "passive radiator". Just another way to achieve bass efficiency. It's an undriven speaker cone.

Yeah, they refer to it in both ways:

"Competing center channel speakers of this size usually have weak lower-midrange response; that part of the audio range that contains the ‘warmth” and “body” of voices and musical instruments. Listen to a male vocal on typical small satellite speakers and you will instantly hear what we mean. The ProCenter avoids this critical problem by pressure-coupling our exclusive BDSS technology drivers to two equal-sized mid/bass radiators cleverly placed on the sides of the speaker. This technique doubles the lower-midrange/bass radiating area of the speaker without increasing the size of the enclosure. You’ll enjoy the kind of rich, warm and life-like sound quality that you thought was only possible with big, hard-to-place speakers."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)