Next project - center channel shelf

i don't have the exact same setup as some of you especially since I like my front speakers to be large but I also prefer my center speaker over the TV.

I made this unit a few years ago and I've had to make changes here and there especially when I purchased this HDTV 2 years ago. My previous TV was one of those huge RPTV's. The xbox360 is hidden in this unit along with a bunch of other crap:D

wall unit.JPG

i don't have the exact same setup as some of you especially since I like my front speakers to be large but I also prefer my center speaker over the TV.

I made this unit a few years ago and I've had to make changes here and there especially when I purchased this HDTV 2 years ago. My previous TV was one of those huge RPTV's. The xbox360 is hidden in this unit along with a bunch of other crap:D

View attachment 32695

Very nice Rey. Great job on the custom built in cabinet. :up

Very nice Rey. Great job on the custom built in cabinet. :up

Thanks HD . If elway lived closer I would take care of this for him free. You should see the materials i have to throw away sometimes because you can't stock everything.

View attachment 32695

Thats nice. I like how all of the openings are tight around the components. Very impressive:up

Thats nice. I like how all of the openings are tight around the components. Very impressive:up

thanks. not too tight though. gotta have air flow. the unit is deeper than what the components needed. there is plenty of airflow by the back and the AV receiver has plenty of space at the top on purpose. keep the baby cool. thanks guys for the comments.

Well, I decided to quit ****ing and get off the pot.

I decided to stick with my previous plan for new surrounds (Def Tech speakers), because it allows me to stay in budget and add 5.1 speakers at the end. The Def Tech procenter 1000 arrives today from amazon, will buy two promonitor 800 bookshelfs in a month or two. Will buy two more after that for the back.

I think the center may go in front of the tv ok, because its smaller than the polk, and you can angle it which will allow me to aim it upward slightly. The procenter 1000 is supposed to have powerful vocal and big sound, so we'll see. Will post pics later.

ProCenter 1000 :Specifications

Dimensions | Metric :14-3/4" W x 5" D x 5" H | 37.5 x 12.7 x 12.7 cm
Driver Complement :One 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter; Two 4-1/2" BDSS upper bass/midrange drivers; Two 4-1/2" pressure coupled bass radiators
Frequency Response :47 Hz – 30 kHz
Impedance :Compatible with 8 Ohms outputs
Sensitivity :90 dB
Recommended Associated Amplifier Power :10 – 200 watts
A/V Receiver Crossover Setting :80 Hz
Inputs :One pair of 5 way binding posts
Available Finishes :Gloss Black; Gloss White
Accessories :Leveler Foot; Two ¼ 20 insert cover plugs
Mounting Options :On Shelf with included leveling foot; Equipped with two ¼ 20 sized threads to accommodate on wall mounting with two ProMount 80 (available separately)
Packaging :One to a carton
Weight | Metric :6 lbs | 2.7 kg
Warranty :5 Years

ProCenter1000_BL_noGrille_POP.jpg

ProCenter1000_BL_GrilleOff_Angle_PO.jpg

Well, here she is. Im very pleased with the look, fixing to pop in transformers and see how it sounds.

Decided that a 2.1 system is not for me, especially not after having a 3.1 for a bit.

IMG_0048.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, it has very big sound, and is about 2/3 the size of the polk, so I love it so far. Very crisp and clear during transformers. Cant wait to add the matching procinema bookshelfs.

Def Tech makes great speakers. Never heard a set that I didn't like.

I really wanted the Klipsch, but I decided to save the budget for extra stuff. I read a lot about them and all the reviews are great.

With the sound I got from this center so far, especially with its size, I'll have no regret in buying the other procinema line. Nice 5yr warranty too.

Def Tech was on my short list when I was changing speakers last year, but I've always been a Magnepan fan, and wall mounting was a priority with two little ones and a Golden Retriever in the house. No regrets. I'll post some pictures of my set up if I ever figure out how to do it. A friend of mine has a pro-cinema set up (800's I think), and I think they are fantastic. Great sound out of a small package, and I love his super cube sub. The super-cube is on my short list along with Velodyne, to replace my JBL sub.

I use photbucket, its free and easy to upload, then you just post the link on the forum.

I was going to buy procinema 1000 surrounds, then realized the 800's (4.5" drivers) were the match for the procenter 1000. After hearing the sound, I think the 800's will be fine.

Ive read, as far as their subs go, is that the supercube is the one to buy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)