NFL Network Dispute Thread 2 - For facts, news and new info (Adult thread)

Your right on that!. The NFL is greedy almost mafia like organization. I don't recall what Directv paid the NFL for Sunday Ticket through 2022 but I am sure the NFL did quite well on that deal. Having all games for what the Sunday Ticket costs, means more money paid by DIrectv to the NFL for the only video provider of it. I would love to have an option to watch a certain team only for the season. I only watch Green Bay so I don't care about the other games. Is Directv making money on Sunday Ticket by giving it away free?. Making new subs sign a 2 year contract means guaranteed money for them and the customer is less likely to cancel due to the high ETF. So I guess it makes sense for them to give it free to new subs. Hopefully DIsh gets it back for you guys, having Redzone is great. With Direct, it's an extra fee which it should come with ST without paying extra. Actually I know a couple of people who have Redzone through Comcast and love it.

There is no need to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for Sunday Ticket. It's just nuts how much it is now. If Directv just offered Redzone for maybe $30-$45 a season, I would just get that and dump ST. I need ST to watch my Packer games which a decent amount are broadcast OTA in my market but not all the games.
The Red Zone channel( RZC) is THE BOMB.....I was gonna switch to DTV for the Ticket. With the RZC, there is no need. it is "man button"( the recall button on the remote) heaven. There is no need to frantically change channels to keep up with games. The RZC does that for us.
The reason I prefer the RXXC over the ticket is I am a draft kings user and on occasion, have some bets going with "other" sources..

Reactions: TheLip
The Red Zone channel( RZC) is THE BOMB.....I was gonna switch to DTV for the Ticket. With the RZC, there is no need. it is "man button"( the recall button on the remote) heaven. There is no need to frantically change channels to keep up with games. The RZC does that for us.
The reason I prefer the RXXC over the ticket is I am a draft kings user and on occasion, have some bets going with "other" sources..
Yes, I agree. The Redzone is the Sunday ticket, but they change the channels for you. When I had Comcast I paid extra for the sports pack specifically to get the RedZone channel. It will be very hard to not have RedZone when the season starts. I am a Cincinnati Bengals season ticket holder and the NFL gives you free access to RedZone as a season ticket holder perk, but they only let you access it on your phone.

Your right on that!. The NFL is greedy almost mafia like organization. I don't recall what Directv paid the NFL for Sunday Ticket through 2022 but I am sure the NFL did quite well on that deal. Having all games for what the Sunday Ticket costs, means more money paid by DIrectv to the NFL for the only video provider of it. I would love to have an option to watch a certain team only for the season. I only watch Green Bay so I don't care about the other games. Is Directv making money on Sunday Ticket by giving it away free?. Making new subs sign a 2 year contract means guaranteed money for them and the customer is less likely to cancel due to the high ETF. So I guess it makes sense for them to give it free to new subs. Hopefully DIsh gets it back for you guys, having Redzone is great. With Direct, it's an extra fee which it should come with ST without paying extra. Actually I know a couple of people who have Redzone through Comcast and love it.

There is no need to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for Sunday Ticket. It's just nuts how much it is now. If Directv just offered Redzone for maybe $30-$45 a season, I would just get that and dump ST. I need ST to watch my Packer games which a decent amount are broadcast OTA in my market but not all the games.

Most people call directv every year, bicker and get sunday ticket for free or some sort of bill credits to offset the cost of sunday ticket.

the nfl does need to get with the ages and let people subscribe to sunday ticket on their phones, tablets or computers without a directv subscription. BUT if Charlie is fighting for sunday ticket access it isn't happening until 2022 so we won't have nfl network for 6 more years.

Reactions: pattykay
What is your source for this? I seriously doubt that "most people" ever call Direct TV for any reason.
Agree, most people pay their required bill for service and don't ask for discounts.
If most people can't afford something, they just don't buy it.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Agree, most people pay their required bill for service and don't ask for discounts.
If most people can't afford something, they just don't buy it.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Maybe he meant "most people on this site." Have you ever read a DirecTV discount thread? That would certainly give you that impression.

Maybe he meant "most people on this site." Have you ever read a DirecTV discount thread? That would certainly give you that impression.
Could be.
Even still that's nothing.
The amount of active Satellite guys users isn't very large in comparison to the amount of Directv subscibers.

And actually this place is the rarest of the breeds.

What goes on here is about as common as Haileys Commet when it comes to Average Dish or Directv customers.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Perhaps there is some hope?

A snippet from a larger article that mostly focused on the Tribune issue:

Dish is facing two simultaneous impasses, with the NFL Network also off the satellite service amid a carriage dispute. Ergen said that negotiation is much closer to fruition, with the two sides haggling over more "positive, bigger picture issues."

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/er...nds&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The original NFL Dispute thread has 22 pages, this one has 2. I guess folks just ain't interested in adult, factual information. :)

Reactions: TheLip
Reading over the conference call from yesterday, I am reading that its not so much a cost issue, but how maybe NFL network is delivered and expanded via Dish? was discussed that issues were different then what was going on with tribune

Though more I think about it, that comes down to cost as well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts