No hopping in CBS locals

I watched an NFL game one day while skipping all commercials, huddles, timeouts, etc. and it took like 30 minutes.

I started watching sports with the sound off. That is how you would see them live. The background noise was getting so bad , especially on ESPN and ABC, that you couldn't understand the announcers. The networks could save a lot of money if they fired the announcers. Why have them if you cannot hear them. It is interesting that watching the NFL on the Red Zone, without commercials, you get a clearer sound than watching it on the network.

I started watching sports with the sound off. That is how you would see them live. The background noise was getting so bad , especially on ESPN and ABC, that you couldn't understand the announcers. The networks could save a lot of money if they fired the announcers. Why have them if you cannot hear them. It is interesting that watching the NFL on the Red Zone, without commercials, you get a clearer sound than watching it on the network.

Love watching football on Red Zone. You don't have to hear the announcers non-stop. I myself enjoy listening to Scott Hanson on Red Zone.

Reactions: Ltrain23
Kind of makes the hopper seem useless when it comes to auto hop

Not for me considering I don't watch any show during it's first season unless it falls in the science fiction category. So I let my Hopper record the whole season and by the time I watch it the show has Auto-Hop and has been renewed. I just deleted the first five episodes of Allegiance on NBC because NBC cancelled the series. None of my time wasted.

I watched an NFL game one day while skipping all commercials, huddles, timeouts, etc. and it took like 30 minutes.
Except for when you are watching the Eagles, Broncos or the Patriots. It's still quicker than watching a full game, but when you skip forward to skip the huddle, you just missed the next play. Skipping forward the 30 then immediately skipping back 10 is usually sufficient, but it's a fine balance in having to watch Manning and Brady work at the line. For the Eagles, can Bradford even keep up with that pace with his injury history?

As for the rest of CBS, while they still have great TV, my wife and I are a season and a half behind on NCIS, Elementary, and Person of Interest. The comedies, we watch them if they're on, but long since stopped recording them. Can't stand reality, so that's never had us hooked. Battle Creek might be worth a watch. Both episodes are recorded... with the first ready to be hopped.

And while we're on quality TV, what the eff was NBC thinking moving Blacklist into a time slot that competes with Scandal? Did they want that show to fail? Since the Grey's/Scandal combo was born, not a single other show has survived that time slot.

When I do the skip to watch just the plays in a football game and I don't want to see the middle of the next play during a hurry-up or no-huddle situation, I do the skip back first, then skip forward. Usually works.

Yeah, it was a Cowboy's game. All I missed between plays was Romo chewing some lineman's butt or Dez Bryant chewing the whole team's ass. :)

And while we're on quality TV, what the eff was NBC thinking moving Blacklist into a time slot that competes with Scandal? Did they want that show to fail? Since the Grey's/Scandal combo was born, not a single other show has survived that time slot.

I record /watch both Blacklist and Scandal. had no idea they are now on the same day and time. I need to visit this forum more often to keep up on such trivia.

Except only CBS is affected by the 7 day window. O&O ABc only has a 3 day window, and NBC and Fox have next day. Still entirely relevant to many. Especially on Sunday's, Monday's, Thursday's. The top three days for prime time programming.
Better get used to skipping with BOTH thumbs; but it is, after all, half the reason I got a DVR. It would help their cause, too, if they did not have such stupid commercials and did not repeat them time after time, even within the same program. I don't watch anything in real-time anymore. Who does?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)