Not happy with the Dish Hopper DVR

Is that true? I'm currently on Insight cable and they do that and I hate it. I wish they only showed me what I was subscribed to.
Direct TV Used To Do that idiotic thing and show every channel I don't know any more, I don't have them. Dish network on the other hand, you just push the guide button until it says my sub channels and the ones you dont get disappear, now really the only ones I don't are a few individual ones that you have to order ala carte (sp), chinese packages ect, but they do disappear, so thats another reason I like dish.

It's called marketing.

And I wouldn't be surprised if some content providers try to get a clause in all their contracts that require the channel be listed whether subscribed to or not, but I have no proof, only strong suspicions.

The only way around it are boxes that allow custom channel listings, like Dish.

It was said before that it was technically possible but they were not going to allow it.

Insight cable is being bought out by Time Warner Cable.

Maybe it's in there install down the line for those few people that they know two hoppers is just not going to be enough to service their households I mean they would not train them on how to do it for no reason would they? it brings my hopes back up a little bit.

Last edited:
It would be nice to be able to have an owned 612 as an extra receiver in a guest room to be activated only when one has company visiting--rather than paying an extra $7 each month for a Joey that may only be used a couple weeks each year.

It would be nice to be able to have an owned 612 as an extra receiver in a guest room to be activated only when one has company visiting--rather than paying an extra $7 each month for a Joey that may only be used a couple weeks each year.
If you buy the Joey, which ought to be cheaper than the 612 was back in the day, you can just activate it when company visits like you did with the 612. Dish would be nuts to change their policy about the no charge for activating/deactivating customer equipment, including the prorated partial month costs we get now. Because a lot of people probably do as I do and forget to turn it off when the guests leave and not notice the increased bill for months down the road.:eek:

Ghpr13 said:
Well, after reading this last page of posts I think I found our solution. It's not Dish or Direct that's the problem, it's our wives...Maybe that is what needs switching out??? :D

Ghpr13:)
Brave talk buddy. Does your wife know what you say on the internet?

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using SatelliteGuys

Ok so now they are saying you can't pair two remotes to one box what kind of crock of crap is that? I'm not fighting with any one over a stupid remote. I have three in my bedroom and three in my living room, we lose the damn things all the time. I realize the new boxes have a remote hunter but who really wants to get all the way out of bed push the button figure where hell it is under their other half. LoL. Can you just picture your wife or husband waking up screaming what the hell is that beeping do we have a fire lol

Last edited:
Needing multiple remotes for one room and not wanting to get up to hit the remote finder button? Oh the rough lives we live. lol

Ok so now they are saying you can't pair two remotes to one box what kind of crock of crap is that?

Don't get upset yet. I don't believe it will only pair with one remote, but I have no basis for that other than common sense and using the 922 as the baseline.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)