Ok I found my and got my first C-band dish now the questions start.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crosspaws

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
Grand Haven MI
:):) Ok I will try to keep this as short and simple as I can. I have looked over the 1.2 minibud topic that started in 2005 and have looked over some C-band post. I will post photo's for my first questions. The 10ft came with a CHAPARRAL fed horn on it. What does the blue box on the back end do. It has white black and red wire off it. The main part is the feed horn and the LNB is located below it. It is a Gardiner, gain 65db (type), IN: 3.7 - 4.2 Ghz, IF: 950 - 1450 Mhz, LO: 5.15 GHz, and a spot that shows 20 dg and below that NOISE TEMP, and what looks like (0k). Hard to read this part. The blue LNB front cap is still on. The dish was used up to about 2 yrs ago and still work (could not get STB with it).The second LNB came off another 1.2 m dish I have stored away. This is what I can read off it. GILAT P/N AN343610 TRANSMITTER ODU, LO OFFSET +50KHz, The part sticking off the side of it is "Low Noise Block Down converter, MODEL NJR2144HWI, NP 0.8". Next part of the question I have been using the motorized 1.2 m in photo playing with KU band but was hoping I could strap this C-band lnb on it to see what I might get. I would put the the new 10ft up but it's tooo cold in west MI for me to mess with now (it was cold taking it down). I have a FortecStar Life Time ultra and a VSpl STB. I know its a long post but thanks for looking at it.

Attachments

• DSCN3070.JPG
    DSCN3070.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 291
  • GILAT 1.JPG
    GILAT 1.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 372
  • GILAT 2.JPG
    GILAT 2.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 319
  • 1.2 M DISH.JPG
    1.2 M DISH.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 318
Crosspaws the first pic is a c-band only chapparal feedhorn with lnb (should work ok, Ive had gardiner lnbs before). I think the scalar ring is adjustable on that one, with a set screw on the body of the feedhorn. That feed is for a prime-focus dish, it might pick up some of the strongest c-band signals but I'm not too sure how many, never tried it with a small offset dish. There's threads here about people experimenting with that, some changed out the feedhorn to a different type. It'd work much better on the big dish, once you can get it set up.

Old Threads never die....

This is another old thread, but these threads have valuable info. in them to those who tinker and modify those dishes...

The second photo is the KU Band feedhorn, KU Band transmitter (in-line w/Feedhorn), and LNB (rt angle to and alongside) KU Band receive. It is for a 2-way communication (transmit and receive) commercial dish (the original 1.2Meter offset Channelmaster).

That is how the Polarity is changed, compatible receiver needed - most FTA receivers are not.

I'd like to mention that the "Pansat 2700A" is one STB that is designed
to operate those servos.
If you have one handy, you can at least hook the servo to the back of
it for testing.

Red---- +5v -(some brands have white/red stripe)
Black-- Ground
White- Pulse

Operate it in "Antenna Set Up" as "Skew", raise or lower the number and
watch for action at the servo.

Hope this helps.

I am using a Chaparral feedhorn similar to your's but it's a one piece design and I use it for only the verticle polarity TP's on the 95W because the channels I watch are all verticle. I replaced the lnb with a new 13K lnb and it works very well on my 8 ft dish. You can remove the servo and manually turn and tune the probe then glue it with hot glue to lock it down and weather proof it, the hot glue holds well and can be removed easily if you need to move the probe for any reason. If you choose not to use the servo for switching polarities or if you don't have the proper receiver and/or don't want to run the extra wires and spend the extra $$$, you can use it for either H or V polarity but only the one you skew it to. If it's a working lnb you can always use it in the way I described rather than put it on the shelf or in the trash.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)