One dish to pickup 61.5 and 119?

tollhaus

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
The locals I need to pick up are on a spotbeam on 61.5. The neighborhood where I'm moving will only let me mount one dish. Will a 1000.2 dish let me get 119, 110, 129 (all the normal channels) and 61.5?

thanks

Nope. You will need a wing dish for 61.5. Are you in the EA zone? You might try getting 61.5, 72, and 77 if possible when you move.

S`

EA?

Does that mean Eastern Arc?

We'll be between NYC and Boston. Trying to get boston HD locals. We should be in the spotbeams according to maps on this site.

72,77, etc... will that get all the normal channels, Bronze or Silver package types?

Thanks

Your neighborhood has no legal right to limit the number of your dishes. Read this carefully.

Technically there is a dish that can do it, it's called a TORUS dish (you can see one here: http://www.gdsatcom.com/Antennas/Data_Sheets/655-0037A_7M Torus.pdf) But at $134,000.00 it's probably better to just get either an eastern arc, or a 1000.2 with a 61.5 wing dish. Not only because of the price, but at 7 meters, your neighborhood association has every right to tell you you may not install it. ;)

As everyone else has said, the FCC says that your neighborhood association cannot limit the number of dishes you have installed, nor where they must be located to receiver a satisfactory signal. you can read about which restrictions are legal and which are unenforceable here: FCC Fact Sheet on Placement of Antennas

I appreciate all the feedback. Any disadvantages to the "Eastern Arc?" I live in Texas currently and have only be a Satellite customer for 2 years now, so I really don't know much about it.

Not really

I appreciate all the feedback. Any disadvantages to the "Eastern Arc?" I live in Texas currently and have only be a Satellite customer for 2 years now, so I really don't know much about it.

Get the 1000.4 dish for 61.5/72/77. Then you have only one dish and get all the programming you still but just EA. No reason to cause a major rukus since they do allow a dish.

Disadvantage:Lower signal strengths in Texas on both 72.7 and 77 sats which leads to more rain fade. Hopefully it will be corrected once new sats go up and replace the older ones . Advantage: SD channels look much better since they are all in MPEG 4 .

Disadvantage:Lower signal strengths in Texas on both 72.7 and 77 sats which leads to more rain fade. Hopefully it will be corrected once new sats go up and replace the older ones . Advantage: SD channels look much better since they are all in MPEG 4 .
We're talking about when the OP moves to the east coast.

thanks

OP is asking about when he moves to the Boston area, not in Texas. He was just saying he is not familiar with EA since he currently lives in TX.

Right, currently in the WACO market. I spent some time on the Channel Lineup List SatelliteGuys.US - Dish Network ALL and found that it's pretty much a non-issue, right? I didn't realize that Dish had most channels on both the 110/119/129 and the 72/77. With the HD locals only on 61.5 it should be no problem.

Any tips (money saving wise) on using a "Dishmover" benefit? Should I just tell dish I'm moving and let them do their thing, or are there ways to score some free programming/discounts by cancelling and then signing up again in the new location? I'm done with my initial committment, so I can cancel and then have my wife become a new customer.

And we do have the VIP622 so that won't be an issue.

oh yeah... any advantage to taking the dishes (I have a 1000 and a 500) off the house and moving with them?

Use the Dish Mover deal. Your 1000.2 (?) is not going to work for EA which needs a 1000.4. The satellites are not spaced the same (or evenly) on EA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts