Oprah Winfrey Network

OWN HD is on Now :) picture looks good :) Channel 189 and 9433 :)

Last edited:
To everyone in the audience, I am giving you my OWN network in HD! Yes all of you get it! You, and you, and you and you........ :D

I definitely agree that the picture looks good. I just don't care for the show that's on right now

Never watched the channel or care for it either.I would rather see rsns in hd 24/7,mlb network in hd more movie channels in hd etc then own in hd but more hd channels is good :)

Do you guys know why women have small feet?...... So they can get closer to the stove! haha.
But seriously, I heard the OWN network isn't doing so great on ratings. So maybe it won't be around long anyway.

Why were some posts removed? I smell censorship.

That smell must be some burning toast or something.

As for the posts being removed the comments were just like when someone posts about a specific news channel. Some people feel the need to post very narrow minded views of a channel. Its very simple, if you dont like the channel dont watch it.

Also none of your posts were removed so why you all worried about it? It was 3 very narrow-minded dare I say sexist remarks that frankly dont belong here.

The first post you removed was relevant to the conversation. It was a comment about the channel and its target demographic. From my own personal experience, I agreed with it. Pointing out gender differences is not sexist. Efficiently using transponder space to accommodate subs who will appreciate it the most, thus spend more money and remain loyal, is not sexist. Are you using feminism as a standard for posting? If so, that may actually explain why the post was deleted. Apologies for going off-topic, though, won't happen again, just felt the need to vent about this.

OK this is going to be the last comment by me on this. If you want to question a moderators decision, you PM them and not argue in the forum. By the way, at "other sites" you'd be banned for doing that but I'm going to answer you in public this last time. :)

The comment made (and I'm talking about the 1st one) was just as bad as when folks post a comment about ______________________ (fill in the blank with your favorite news channel) with comments that are very political. The whole post was in bad taste and brought nothing to the table in regards to the channel being added. If you want to discuss the channel being added thats fine. But to post a very narrow minded view because maybe you dont like the channel is beyond stupid. Thats the best way I can describe the posts removed. Kinda reminds me of some of the comments about possibly adding Al Jazeera English when the whole Egypt thing was going on

Are there channels added that I wouldn't watch or dont want them in HD? Heck yeah. I'm sure everyone has channels like that. I'm a Direct dub so I dont get this particular in HD. But when it was added Jan 1 I didnt post narrow minded views. I merely blocked it from the list.

Everyone has a list of channels they want in HD. The channels you want added I may not. A example is TCM HD. Dish has it, Direct doesn't. I dont watch the channel so I dont care if its in HD or not. Another one is the premium movie channels. I dont sub to them so if 2 are carried in HD or all 30 are it doesnt bother me. Now I love having my RSN in HD24/7. Some folks don't care for sports outside of the NFL so having their RSN in HD even part time doesn't affect them.
But I'll bet you this.....you and others may not like the channel being added in HD but someone will make the note that it IS in HD to folks who have other providers...just like when World Fishing was added. Folks were pissed in most cases it was added yet it was noted in other threads that Dish had it in HD and others didnt

Last edited:
That isn't entirely true, Iceberg. Some of the posts you deleted WERE that way, but mine wasn't. Mine was a JOKE, and it didn't break ANY rules. (In fact, if you would have read my previous post, I mentioned that while I wasn't interested in the channel, I thought it's great that we have more HD.) When I drew your attention to that fact, you deleted that post citing "questioning mod decision". Since when do we do THAT here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)