Optibox Anaconda HD DVB-S2 Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Alien doesn't have blind scan. There's a new version supposed to be coming out in a month or so that's supposed to have it.

There's also an Amiko 8240 which is pretty much like an Openbox (though supposedly bug-free) with a network media player. By like an Openbox, I mean it has an Ali chip (newer than the 3602 though) with pretty much the usual Ali GUI.

HyperMegaSat shipped the Optibox and LNB's on Saturday only a few hours after I placed the order. They should be arriving this week.

Just received confirmation that the receiver will be here by Wednesday May 2nd and I just ordered it Saturday afternoon. This weekend I will have a new toy to play with. :)

Also Looking forward to the review.

I almost purchased an Openbox S10 tonight on EBay for $80 shipped, but before I hit the purchase button I went onto Satellite Guys and found that many are having problems with this receiver. Sad, because I like the Openbox S9 receiver. I guess I'll put the $80 aside to put towards the new MicroHD receiver.

If you are looking for a second receiver, try to find a S-9. Better built power supply, but most people that have them are hanging on to them, like me. Ha.

Does anyone know about the Optibox Koala HD receiver? I saw a YouTube video on it tonight, but it's not featured on Optibox's website. Is it an older model?

It's here!!!

Wives can sometimes be funny. I emailed my wife earlier asking if I received a box from HyperMegaSat. She replied "Oh you must mean the bashed in wet box that was on our doorstep all day in the rain?". She then said "Just kidding the box is in excellent condition". :) She knew how excited I was about receiving this package today.

Now the fun begins!

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 194
Popcorn,

Here is my Gekko when it arrived, pretty much like your wife described. Smashed on one end, all corners rounded, looked like a pillow.

04-16-12_1734.jpg

But inside the retail box was in bubble wrap and in good condition.

04-16-12_1753.jpg

Enjoy your Optibox, I did.

I'm drooling just reading the box. :)

* Simutaneously records of 3 services and allows watching 2 others (PIP)
* Picture-in-Picture & Multi-Picture Display
* Dual USB 2.0 Host Ports
* Powerful Service List Manager for Favorites, lock, Skip, Move, Edit and Delete
* Xvid File Play Back Supported
* Web Browsing
* Plus many other features

I can't wait until the weekend to try this new receiver out.

I just opened the box to read the manual and I have to say that I'm impressed already.

The receiver came with a 4x1 DISEqC switch, a quality HDMI cable and a "real" 150 page three language paperback manual rather than a simple sheet of paper or a thin manual like what came with the Openbox S9 receiver. Is it Saturday yet? :)

Can anyone comment on the speed of the preset scan for this receiver? The openbox is kind of slow in this department.

I'm wondering, in general , whether it's an improvement over the Openbox s9 . I have a Solomend 800, and Manhattan online, and will be shopping for another. Snappy performance of the remote control is one of the things I look for. I hate an overworked receiver. The Manhattan is good , in that respect. The Azboxes are dogs , in that respect :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts