Optibox Anaconda HD DVB-S2 Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can anyone comment on the speed of the preset scan for this receiver? The openbox is kind of slow in this department.

I sure can rrob311. Find out tomorrow when I begin posting the results of the testing I'm performing this weekend. My first impression was WOW when I unboxed and installed the receiver, but after a few hours of operation I became a little disappointed. Yet another receiver that has advertised features that will be "fixed" later with a firmware upgrade. However, there are still many features that I haven't even tested yet and I was told that the problems I encountered today will be fixed very soon. The video quality and onscreen graphics are excellent.

Agree 100%. Testing a Gekko now, and probably finding the same bugs since it's virtually the same firmware. We'll see when you post your review. I'm thankful that my Gekko is on loan for evaluation, I'd hate to have paid for it if the bugs don't ever get fixed. (I'm also going to test Enigma 2 on it, but I haven't had time yet. That might avoid the bugs, but it could also introduce a whole new set of bugs...)

Just read the review. You seem to be having pretty much the same blind scan problems as I'm having on the Gekko.

One thing I want to add about the multi-channel display (on the Gekko, but I would assume the Anaconda does the same thing): unlike receivers I've used before, it doesn't just display channels from the same transponder, it displays other channels from the same satellite. In fact, once, I made the mistake of being in the all-satellite list and hitting the multi-channel button, and it started displaying channels from the adjacent satellite as well! Now, on a switched antenna system, this would be the coolest thing EVER on a receiver, but, on a motor, it's NOT cool.

Re: Internet TV, the attached file claims that you can add multiple sources.

Attachments

• Internet TV+ manual pptx.pdf
    553.6 KB · Views: 743
Jim S... and it started displaying channels from the adjacent satellite as well! Now, on a switched antenna system, this would be the coolest thing EVER on a receiver, but, on a motor, it's NOT cool.

Yes, it's a nice feature. If you're on the same sat, you don't have to surf to see what channels are active. Just hit the multi-display button and see what's there. If you have a cascaded switched lnb system, and leave it on All Sats it will randomly scan in channels from the different sats. After all 12 screens fill in, hit the multi-display button again and it will start another random scan. Really enjoy this feature.

Jim S... and it started displaying channels from the adjacent satellite as well! Now, on a switched antenna system, this would be the coolest thing EVER on a receiver, but, on a motor, it's NOT cool.

Yes, it's a nice feature. If you're on the same sat, you don't have to surf to see what channels are active. Just hit the multi-display button and see what's there. If you have a cascaded switched lnb system, and leave it on All Sats it will randomly scan in channels from the different sats. After all 12 screens fill in, hit the multi-display button again and it will start another random scan. Really enjoy this feature.

Very nice feature indeed! I'll have to play around with it some more.

By the way PopcorNMore, that was a very well done review.

On Internet TV+, you really can't hurt anything by playing with it. The CNET was a file listing it's URL; wasn't even LIVE, but a video stored on the CNET server, nothing less nothing more. If you want to experiment just make a note of the info (the URL path) by highlighting the CNET box, then hit the edit button and all the information regarding that video will popup. If you lose that video, you can always reenter the info by hitting the add button. Much do about nothing, just testing which most hobbyist do.

By the way PopcorNMore, that was a very well done review.

On Internet TV+, you really can't hurt anything by playing with it. The CNET was a file listing it's URL; wasn't even LIVE, but a video stored on the CNET server, nothing less nothing more. If you want to experiment just make a note of the info (the URL path) by highlighting the CNET box, then hit the edit button and all the information regarding that video will popup. If you lose that video, you can always reenter the info by hitting the add button. Much do about nothing, just testing which most hobbyist do.

Thank you! I just was able to get the CNET video to play for the first time. That thermostat was way cool! However, when I hit the blue button to make it appear full screen the video looked awful due to it's low resolution. I'll play around with the Internet TV + feature more this week.

I see you guys are new to these boxes, They are sold in Asia Pacific region as the brand name "Ultraplus" Models

9200X Dual Tuner etc
980 HD
900 HD

I've had mine for about 9 months or so since about firmware revision 1.87. I'm quite familiar with the various software quirks of these units.

e.g scanning problems using universals, odd signal quality readings

They are excellent boxes and the firmware gets better every month. I've spent many many hours playing with the internettv function and have hundreds of working internettv+ channels in various languages.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Apsattv!!!!!!!!

Is it ok to post some internettv+ streams? unfortunately the box has a software limit of 100 channels in the Internettv file.

The file internettv.feed can be copied via ftp to the root /var/freetvplus folder or the other way to do it is to simply rename it to url_list.txt and copy it to a usb and insert it while in the menu and you will have the option to install the channels.

attached is a package of Russian Channels.View attachment skyway_internettv_11.zip

Apsattv...

Thanks for the list you posted. Works great and most channels look good on the big screen. Always interested in trying something new. I'm a news junkie, I could post my live list of world news channels that are currently working on the Optibox. Nice to be able to get another perspective of what's really going on..

You guys with your seemingly endless discretionary cash to spend makes my fur stand on end. Love these names: Anaconda...Raptor...Gecko...fantastic. What's in a name? Lots when it comes to marketing! [News junkie here too: local cable now offering preview of Euronews and BBC World HD. I'd pay for these...]

LOL... discretionary cash.....??? Talk to PopcornNMore.

Hmmmm...

Raptor = FAST!
Gecko = Cute in an ugly sort of way...
Anaconda = Will wrap you up in it, which may be good or bad..... "A rose by any other name...." LOL
http://www.satelliteguys.us/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
Attached is my on going list of news based channels from eight countries.

Attachments

• internettv.zip
    2 KB · Views: 120
I assume that the Gekko was so named because it'll hang on the back of a TV.

Nice work , a few channels on that list that I had tried but hadn't been able to get working.

are you testing them on your pc before loading them in? rtmp streams tend to expire fairly quick.

Which player do you use on your pc to playback RTMP? I've been using SMplayer but its very flakey and won't play some that you have working in the STB itself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)