OTA HD- Olympics in Indianapolis

samavedy

Original poster
Aug 12, 2004
Hi, I thought the NBC OTA HD was supposed to delayed by a day and be without many ads. Here in Indy WRTV6 shows the same programs as analog channel and they have all the commercials. The NBC-HD channel on Dish (9425) is delayed and commercial free. The OTA HD quality looks just like an up-convert of analog channel. Is any one else noticing this?

They are just showing the "normal" feed over their Digital channel. The HD feed is delayed 24 hours and loops 3 times during the day (they only have HD cameras in 6 venues). It also features an HD "montage" and just one commercial - for Sony Vega HD - both repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

Did you notice that they added a few sites to the Greek Flyover Montage? I guess they trying to see who is still paying attention to their stunning pictures of the same thing.

The OTA HD quality looks just like an up-convert of analog channel. Is any one else noticing this?
I hate to say it, but your OTA is not showing the HDTV broadcast. They are showing the SD broadcast on their HD signal. There might be a 2nd subchannel which might have the same HD stuff that Dish is showing.

NBC OTA Olympics

SD OTA in Tampa FL is 7-2 -- only thing that appears HD is the commentators and some commercials .. the Olympics is pixelly with sound dropouts, especially where motion is involved .. still views appear ok (not sure it's HD) .. I'd rather watch the analog feed piped thru BrightHouse;
I'm not sure why NBC keeps saying they're regular broadcast is HD, when it's not ... misleading

HD OTA in Tampa FL is 7-1 -- great HD feeds, but 24-hr delay .. wondering if this will be telecast one more day after the official end of the Olympics?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)