OTA stop recording shows

runningman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2003
Working with a hopper, everything was recording fine till May 29. I can watch OTA programs live but they will not record. Timers will set up but will not record. I even tried recording a OTA channel live and it does not work. the timer will set up but nothing records or is listed as skipped in daily schedule. All digital programs DVR correctly. DVR is at 71% capacity. after talking to three tech dish is sending a new OTA module. Anyone else having this issue?

yes, sub channels 02 and up. they worked fine up till 5/29. glad to hear they are aware of it. manual timer does not work. the hopper tries to record but only sets up the timer, the channel does record. thanks for the update. I guess the advance tech who is sending a replacement OTA module wasn't aware of the issue. thanks for the update.

yes, sub channels 02 and up. they worked fine up till 5/29. glad to hear they are aware of it. manual timer does not work. the hopper tries to record but only sets up the timer, the channel does record. thanks for the update. I guess the advance tech who is sending a replacement OTA module wasn't aware of the issue. thanks for the update.
Manual timers working here.

Severely disappointed this has not been fixed, been over an entire month now. I remember when OTA video was stuttering, it was fixed in days. Now just getting recordings working on -02 and greater OTA channels is still not fixed...

We should be getting new software by early next month if recent software history is any indication. The last two have come around the 5th or earlier. This next month might be a little delayed due to the 4th of July,but they most likely will be putting out something somewhere in July.

Reactions: foghorn2
Recent software history doesn't really matter, since whenever there is a huge bug, they usually fix it in a few days, like the last OTA bug.

Just trying to be positive. I've had DISH for almost 18 years now and I can tell you that when there are bugs in software , they can be fixed in weeks or months or when ever they get around to it. This ota sub channel bug has been around since early May. It was introduced in in S438. Still waiting for protection icon to be fixed and the folders option no longer allows you to edit or delete older folders. The sub channel ota thing is important to you or me , but not to DISH right now. They seem more inclined to add more new "features" like multi-swap ,than to fix older bugs.

I'm starting to wonder if the name/guide based OTA recording function is deliberately being broken with these updates.

Had dirt acknowledged this "bug" and given us answer as to when this feature will be restored?

Well the latest update hit today and it doesn't fix the ota sub channels and name based recording. So manual timers for me I guess like back in the 00s when we first got our DISH dvrs. What a big step backwards.

I submitted the report to dirt, along with many others, on May 22nd. I messaged asking for an update on June 18th and got this reply: "I do not have any new updates. Our engineers are working on the issue."

There is no way to do a manual recording of these without being at the actual unit, correct? Doesn't seem like the Dish Anywhere website or app lets you do it.

Going to be on vacation for a bit so it looks like I will only be able to do a week's worth of recording into it, before I am unable to record any more OTA shows while I am gone. Really hoping they fix this issue within a week :/

I'm not sure about dish anywhere setting timers for ota. As for the issue being fixed , it has been since May when they got the software that ruined name based recording on the ota sub channels , and they don't seem to be in a rush to fix it yet.

There is a work around to record as a manual timer. I reposted it in another thread

Yhis is it
I've figured out what works for me. If I bring up the channel and program I want to record, I then press the record button three times. This brings up a screen giving a few options. Tab over and select 'manual timer' which then changes the screen again and hit create, after you have made any changes you want, like start/stop time.
If you don't tab over to the Manual Timer button at the bottom, this will not work.

Any other sequence will not work.

There is a work around to record as a manual timer. I reposted it in another thread

Yhis is it
I've figured out what works for me. If I bring up the channel and program I want to record, I then press the record button three times. This brings up a screen giving a few options. Tab over and select 'manual timer' which then changes the screen again and hit create, after you have made any changes you want, like start/stop time.
If you don't tab over to the Manual Timer button at the bottom, this will not work.

Any other sequence will not work.

Ah, THAT'S what a manual timer is! Following your directions, I've just tried setting recordings for several programs, and they now show up on the daily DVR schedule. As my automatic timers stopped appearing on this schedule, I'm optimistic your advice will work.

Many thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)