PLL LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Test12345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
Hey all! How are these LNBs vs regular ones? I can only see one dual output PLL LNB available (Avenger)...anyone know if it's ok? I know that GEOSATpro is well liked on this forum, so I figured I'd ask how you guys like that PLL LNB, even though it is only single output. Thanks!

I am using the SL1PLL - LNBF from Satellite AV for my 90cm dish fixed on 125w. It seems to work better than the universal LNB I used to have on it. Highly recommended.

If youve only got $20 to spend its probably best spent on a SL1PLL, if you can afford $60 an Invacom QPH-031 will probably perform just as good or better. Ive had one for years and its held up very well, plus dual circular / linear is really nice. Freq stability is important to a point, if you can maintain 1mhz stability your good to go in most cases, modern tuner/demods will have no problem accounting for 1mhz drift or more even. Any decent lnb will do 1mhz or better stability. noise is more important now days. A quality DRO will always beat a PLL for noise.

When your in $20 price range there is ALOT of junk in that range, the SL1PLL is an excellent $20 lnb, its not $150 norsat but its an excellent lnb for what your paying for.

UDL

Hey all! How are these LNBs vs regular ones? I can only see one dual output PLL LNB available (Avenger)...anyone know if it's ok? I know that GEOSATpro is well liked on this forum, so I figured I'd ask how you guys like that PLL LNB, even though it is only single output. Thanks!

I'm using the Avenger PLL321S-2 single KU LNBF. It is small, light weight and for under $20 you can't beat it.
It pulled in 2 more transponders on 97w and appears to be better in the rain than my old one. If you are dealing with weak signals it does help but if you already have high Q you may not need it.

would not buy a single output just too limited

I'm using the Avenger PLL321S-2 single KU LNBF. It is small, light weight and for under $20 you can't beat it.
It pulled in 2 more transponders on 97w and appears to be better in the rain than my old one. If you are dealing with weak signals it does help but if you already have high Q you may not need it.

what 2 tp's ?

agree with updatelee
Invacom QPH-031 is the best i've seen for a small dish
good luck

If you'll search the forum, we've had acouple of threads on both brands.
The PLL LNBFs have generated good to better results.
However, I don't think testing them on strong signals proves anything.

Forgot to mention the PLL LNBF also performed very well on AMC 1 at 103W.
There are a number of TPs that require an odd ball skew of -20 degree. The PLL managed to pull in those TPs without having to re skew the LNBF something that my non PLL LNBF could not do.

There are a number of TPs that require an odd ball skew of -20 degree. The PLL managed to pull in those TPs without having to re skew the LNBF something that my non PLL LNBF could not do.
Now you've got me interested. The odd skew on 103W is a nightmare for a motorized dish. If you claim a PLL LNB on a motorized dish would allow receiving NBC on 103W without changing skew, I would consider buying one. This may only work for those in a hot spot of this sat's footprint where signal strength is higher, not for those of us on the edge of nowhere such as NS.

Dish size?

I agree. When I first installed the Avenger PLL I was able to pull NBC in without the skew on. 90cm dish. Also, I can keep and hold some of the weaker transponders like the Florida channel.

There are a number of TPs that require an odd ball skew of -20 degree.
The PLL managed to pull in those TPs without having to re skew the LNBF something that my non PLL LNBF could not do.

have done that for years with my Invacom's QPH-031

Thats not necessarily a good thing. It can also imply poor cross polarization isolation. Think of it like using a circular lnb on a linear signal, you can spin that baby right round and it'll pickup signal no matter the angle. Until a different another tp on a different polarity is on the same satellite, then it'll pickup both at the same time and wash each other out.

UDL

Thats not necessarily a good thing. It can also imply poor cross polarization isolation. Think of it like using a circular lnb on a linear signal, you can spin that baby right round and it'll pickup signal no matter the angle. Until a different another tp on a different polarity is on the same satellite, then it'll pickup both at the same time and wash each other out.

UDL
updatelee,
Well then the cheap PLL LNBF is right up there with the Invacom. Read the prior post from madmadworld.

UDL
UDL,
Check out Hispasat 30W. I have a 31" dish dedicated to it. It has TP 12052 V and TP 12052 H.
No problems with "wash out" on the Openbox S9 or Viewsat Ultra 2000.

But thank you for the heads up.

Check out Hispasat 30W. I have a 31" dish dedicated to it.
It has TP 12052 V and TP 12052 H.
No problems with "wash out" on the Openbox S9 or Viewsat Ultra 2000.
I'm too far west to see that bird, so I have to live vicariously through those who get it. :)
Wasnt aware they had two transponders on opposite polarity, and the same frequency.
That's what I call p... poor satellite manegement. :down

Right up there with same freq & polarity on adjacent birds.
Yea, I know. The professionals don't care! :(

No, BIGger dishes! ;) :up
Probably 8, 10, 12 foot molded or spun metal for Ku, would be my guess.
Along with ortho feeds and exceptional LNBs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts