Price increases in February 2014 (UPDATED!)

Loyalty,or retention can sometimes make pretty sweet offers.Doesn't hurt to call.

Yeah I can't really say what I did or didn't do. Definitely being out of contract is a huge help, and I made a point of mentioning it would be cheaper for me to cancel and resubscribe. Other than that, I have autopay, paperless billing, and a high credit score.

I was offered 10.00 off for 10 months because they wanted a reason why I was considering leaving. I said because Dish doesn't carry PBS kids sprout so I said how about 15.00 off for 10 months? They agreed. 40 would have made my bill really cheap but 15.00 is better than a 5.00 off for 10 months offer or nothing. Plus I'm also out of contract.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Is this the official Dish pricing calculator?

http://vendor.dish.com/calculator/

If it is, why is the DVR fee for non-Hopper DVRs ("Other Receivers") listed as being $10 instead of the current $7? An unintentional preview of a mid-year "surprise" fee increase or just a glitch?

EDIT: It also comes up as $10 for a "HD Solo DVR" (612) so they can't be just referring to the 922.

Last edited:

If it is, why is the DVR fee for non-Hopper DVRs ("Other Receivers") listed as being $10 instead of the current $7? An unintentional preview of a mid-year "surprise" fee increase or just a glitch?

EDIT: It also comes up as $10 for a "HD Solo DVR" (612) so they can't be just referring to the 922.

Another price hike in the works?

They've about fee'd me to death. Tired of all these, especially since I own all my equipment. Any more fee increases on my 722 and 211's will be enough to push me over the edge. Just not seeing the value anymore in a basic $100 a month tv package.

The DVR fee should be $7. If the 612 is a secondary receiver then you would get billed $10 for it.

I can't get it to say anything other than "HD Solo DVR"

The DVR fee should be $7. If the 612 is a secondary receiver then you would get billed $10 for it.

As it has been, yes. If the calculator is correct it appears they are raising the DVR fee to $10. When you put in a second solo (612) receiver you get the $10 charge for that also.
Maybe it's a DisneyVR fee?

The fact that you don't get any option other than "HD Solo DVR" tells me that something isn't right with the calculator and it shouldn't be trusted.

Or they are dissuading people from gettting a 722 if they want two outputs.

Weird, I swear I tried that, but it came back as 1 HD Solo DVR, and 1 SD Solo DVR...now it got it.

Or they are dissuading people from gettting a 722 if they want two outputs.

Not new. Pushing Hopper BIG TIME. But frankly, most people will likely be happier with the Hopper, if the added cost isn't a killer.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I think it's a terrible idea for Dish to be pushing the Hopper on people. It may be awesome but it is certainly not for everyone. There are a lot of unhappy Hopper customers out there and it's mostly due to being talked into the Hopper when all they needed was a 722k. Just look at the reviews on Amazon, a lot of them never should have gotten the Hopper in the first place.

Some of those reviewers should never be let near a keyboard.

I think it's a terrible idea for Dish to be pushing the Hopper on people. It may be awesome but it is certainly not for everyone. There are a lot of unhappy Hopper customers out there and it's mostly due to being talked into the Hopper when all they needed was a 722k. Just look at the reviews on Amazon, a lot of them never should have gotten the Hopper in the first place.
Other than the price difference, I'm not sure my old 722 and 722K beat my hoppers in any respect. Although people here do mention features the VIP line had that the Hopper does not, I have encountered any noticeable missing features or anything that would make me want to jump back to my 722s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts