Price increases in February 2014 (UPDATED!)

I don't think Directv offer package without locals. Did you talk with Directv reps directly or sales people at Best Buy or other electronic store?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I know Directv have locals near the ch 400's, I'm not sure if those required waivers, I think there east and west coast locals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Was just deciding if I was going to keep it or not now that the increase has taken effect. Half price will keep me for another 6 months.

Just dropped DPP online. Including my $5 a month for 18 months that drops my bill by $12 which equals my increase. Now when they increase next year, after the $5 credit drops it will seem like a double whammy.

Well, Dish's increase pushed me to drop my tier of programming again. This time to 120. Ironically, I have not missed any of the channels, and no one else in the house seems to have noticed. I got my bill back under $100, down to $97. Were it not for HBO and HBO Go, I'd be much cheaper. I so wish HBO would let us just sub to HBO Go without having HBO on the tv. I'd pay $10 a month for that.

I got mine back under $130. I will be looking into the virtual Joey at some point to see if I might be able to replace 2 Joeys with 1 Virtual. Will have to see how reports in the field pan out. A VJ shared on 2 lesser used TVs might become a reality to save me $7 a month if it works out.

I just about had it with the increases and was ready to cancel. They offered me the Welcome Pack and I have the DVR fee, so it's $26.99 a month plus taxes.

There's so much of this that just sucks about the whole cable/sat tv industry, anyway. I can't get what I want. I have to buy stuff I don't want and pay more, just to get the few things I do want. That's terrible. That's the consumer getting screwed, just because that's the way it's always been and it's the same no matter what provider you're hooked into. I look at something like the DA Silver package and think, ok, that's a pretty good package of channels (if it only had AMC, for us, anyway), but it's 36 channels for $60. That's incredible and just way too expensive for what you get, IMO. You knock $12-15 /month off the DA Silver price (and hopefully add AMC, but that's not a deal breaker) and I'm a customer for a long, long time. As it is, we're thinking about chucking the whole thing, because the lower tiers of programming really don't have the channels we want to watch.

There's so much of this that just sucks about the whole cable/sat tv industry, anyway. I can't get what I want. I have to buy stuff I don't want and pay more, just to get the few things I do want. That's terrible. That's the consumer getting screwed, just because that's the way it's always been and it's the same no matter what provider you're hooked into. I look at something like the DA Silver package and think, ok, that's a pretty good package of channels (if it only had AMC, for us, anyway), but it's 36 channels for $60. That's incredible and just way too expensive for what you get, IMO. You knock $12-15 /month off the DA Silver price (and hopefully add AMC, but that's not a deal breaker) and I'm a customer for a long, long time. As it is, we're thinking about chucking the whole thing, because the lower tiers of programming really don't have the channels we want to watch.

I could have written the same words. We have Dish now, but cord cutting is becoming more likely as time goes by.

Sat/cable sells nothing but "broken" products.

Last edited:
You will have to call.

Done. Very happy with the result. I'd gotten almost all the way through my DirecTV order as the Costco promo was a very compelling reason to switch. I talked through the numbers and they made good.

Well, I called to cancel today as I recently resigned my position at Dish and no longer receive the employee discount. After much back and forth and several polite no thank you's, they offered me a $45x12 discount and the standard free premiums for 3 months. No contract, I end up with 120+ instead of 250, and keep my 2hws/2j set up. I also have 4 referrals on the account and the 5x18 for the second hopper, so my out the door is about $30/month. It's better than I could have done as a new customer by quite a bit, and seems like a more than fair deal.

Well, I called to cancel today as I recently resigned my position at Dish and no longer receive the employee discount. After much back and forth and several polite no thank you's, they offered me a $45x12 discount and the standard free premiums for 3 months. No contract, I end up with 120+ instead of 250, and keep my 2hws/2j set up. I also have 4 referrals on the account and the 5x18 for the second hopper, so my out the door is about $30/month. It's better than I could have done as a new customer by quite a bit, and seems like a more than fair deal.

Now that's what I call retention.I'd say definitely more than fair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts