Probably going to upgrade to Hopper/Joey. I have some questions / concerns.

Some reported problems with their EHD not being recognized by the Hopper which required a "hit" be sent to their receiver for the Hopper to recognize that the EHD belongs to your account.

Did you have to re-authorize the receiver to accept an external drive that you'd been using on your prior 722?

Sent from my Samsung GS3

I had 4 different ehd's that I had used on my 722. Allof them were recognized immediately by my Hoppers. Each Hopper can see 2 ehd's at a time.

Last edited:
I'm not going to pursue it at the moment, but Becky says there's no way I can get 2 Hoppers. Again, at the moment, I'm going to try to get buy on one Hopper, but I'm curious how those of you that have 2 managed to get 2? Are you leasing 2, or did you just buy one outright.

If you want 2 hoppers no joeys there are a couple ways to do it: 1) go to a Dish Retailer, they can set it up; 2) Order 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys and when the installer comes have him cancel 2 of the Joeys. Many people have done the latter from reports on this forum.

I had 4 different ehd's that I had used on my 722. Allof them were recognized immediately by my Hoppers. Each Hopper can see 2 ehd's at a time.
Hopper can read/write/index/delete on the first 2 EHDs attached. It can r/w on more, perhaps 5 more. I've think I tested 2 more and ran out of outlets on a power strip. When an EHD is detached it recycles the drive number.
-Ken

Which is sad. REALLY need to be able to name each EHD.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have a question about my wiring. Remember, I will have ONE Hopper with NO Joeys:

I have a dual coax coming from my 1000.4 that connects to a grounding block on the side of my house. From that, 2 coax's go through the wall behind my TV set. Each one of those coax's goes to a separator allowing there to be a coax going to each tuner of both receivers. So, in essence there are 4 end-points.

Will the Solo Node just replace the ground block and be mounted on the side of the house in place of the the current ground block?

At which point, will the dual coax's coming from the 1000.4 connect to the #1 and #2 DP Plus connections on the Solo Node?

Then, a single coax will come from the "To Host" connection and go through the wall to the back of the Hopper?

ground block.jpg

separator.jpg

Sounds like you have it right. Replace the ground block with the node. Host port goes to the hopper. Done. Should be a very simple install. Make sure they keep the second coax in good shape and do what you can to protect it from the elements, you can use it if you ever go to two Hoppers (but you'll still need a third run from the dish at that point).

Thanks. By the way, there's no ground wire connected to the ground block. Never has been. Installer said the Dish mounted on buried pole 130' away takes care of that. Is that true?

Sent from my Samsung GS3

Last edited:
In all the years and places I've had Dish, I've never been grounded. Don't worry about it.

I forgot to mention the need for the OTA module when I set this up with Becki. I've PM'd her, but haven't heard back, yet.

I don't suppose OTA module is routine for them to bring with them?

Sent from my Samsung GS3

It isn't. You won't even see it for sale at the Dish site until your compatible receiver (Hopper, in this case) appears on your account.

It isn't. You won't even see it for sale at the Dish site until your compatible receiver (Hopper, in this case) appears on your account.

Gotcha. She just replied & said they'd ship it after the install & my account would be billed for $30. Sounds good to me.

Sent from my Samsung GS3

PPV coupons - a new change??

Hopper + Eastern Arc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts