Problem with Recast Online 1.2.6

baldy672

Original poster
Nov 14, 2004
I'm trying to get Recast Online to work on a machine that had been running version 3.2 succesfuly some time ago. I disconnected and unsubscribed the XM PCR because I wasn't getting value from it.

Now that I can use Recast Online to do the same thing, I upgraded the software to this new version. Recast can see the radio if I plug it in (although it only gets the two channels an unsubscribed radio gets). The Online version runs, but reports error XMO104 when it tries to log into my XM account. I checked that the email address and password work if I log into the XM account directly.

With no hardware attached I still get the error, and Recast Online reports that I have radio ID 'Y436PTPE'. That wasn't my radio ID and I have no idea where that comes from. Is that just Timetraxspeak for 'online'?

I have started a conversation with their tech support but no answers yet. Has anyone here experience the same thing?

Thanks!

The XM104 error sometimes comes up when you are running a software firewall or Norton Anti-Virus with worm protection turned on.

Try disabling anything that "protects" the internet connection and see if you have the same problem.

Can you tell us what your internet connection is and how your LAN is connected?

Thanks

Derek

dave3000 said:
i get the same error. did you have any luck getting it resolved?

Sadly, no. I had a discussion with Tech support and they said they'd resolve it in the new beta, which they did not. Since then, they won't acknowledge the problem or answer any questions.

I had hoped tech support would be better than that. Did you ever get it resolved?

Just to clarify, have you upgraded to the latest version of Recast?

The version in the original thread is 1.2.6

We are now at version 1.4

How are you going about asking for assistance. Your comment of "They won't acknowledge the problem or answer any questions" doesn't seem accurate.

We address every support ticket and attempt to have a resolution for a customer as quickly as possible.

Please open a ticket if you are still having an issue and I will personally work through it with you.

Derek

Sure - let's clarify that.

I sent in a report on 9/22 which was assigned ticket 22680. You responded to me on 9/23. You correctly identified that I had not run the online version, so i corrected that and posted the connection log on 9/24. On 9/25 you told me the developers were working on it, and on 10/8 said the problem had been identified and would be fixed in the upcoming release.

That became available on 10/12 - you updated the ticket to let me know. I downloaded that version and it wasn't any better. I then sent back connection failure logs and some better description of the system I was running on. When 1.4 came out it was the same. The last message I heard back on that ticket was on 10/12.

Maybe my assessment of the system doesn't seem accurate, and I apologize if that's the case.

I can't really run any tests now because that machine is back running version 3.2 of the old product. I wanted to record the Special XMas stuff, so I reactivated my XMPCR and I'll be running the old stuff until after the holidays. If you have any suggestion how to get this working, I'd be happy to work with you in January (I only have one XP machine available for this and i assume the two products won't run together).

Thanks,

Howard

I suggest you hang tight till after the holidays. I would hate for you to miss your shows.

I would be more than happy to work with you in the new year when you are comfortable with it.

I do have some ideas for you but let's wait.

D.

dserianni said:
I suggest you hang tight till after the holidays. I would hate for you to miss your shows.
I would be more than happy to work with you in the new year when you are comfortable with it.
I do have some ideas for you but let's wait.
D.

I'd be happy to work with you then. And realistically, it was probably unreasonable to expect a reliable stream for prolonged periods of time anyway. The program is recording quite nicely from the hardware.

From a comment you made in this thread on 10/18, I see that you suspect a firewalling problem which I don't doubt could be the case. I have nothing running on that machine, but it lives behind a hardware firewall. I wouldn't doubt that we have to investigate that some.

Have a wonderful holiday!

Howard

I look forward to working with you in the new year Howard.

Please open a ticket when you are ready to investigate further.

We appreciate your attitude towards this and would like to thank you for your patience.

Derek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)