Problems with CNNHD APLHD DISCOVERY/ BTEN HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ATT

Feb 4, 2007
Searching for signal (771)
I just had a conversation with Directv got an appointment for 10/2/07
they don't know what's wrong.

all other channels working perfectly anyone know on what TP are they in?

my signal lvl for 103b
all TP im getting above 80 +

anyone having same problems?

HamburglarMan

Sep 13, 2007
I'm having a different but similar issue

Nine of the new HD channels are not coming for me (CNN, TWC, etc). This is due to a bad BBC on Tuner 1. Channel 480 does not work for me, but 481 does. I swapped the cables before calling DTV and after working with the rep we determined that my tuner 1 BBC is bad. Both him and I found it odd that after only two weeks of having the new receiver (HD-DVR) that one of the BBC were bad. It must have been a defective unit. They're shipping me two new BBC (one as a backup just in case) ASAP.

You might want to check w/ DTV and see if you're having the same issue. Do both channels 480 and 481 work?

patrickpiteo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 2, 2004
Nine of the new HD channels are not coming for me (CNN, TWC, etc). This is due to a bad BBC on Tuner 1. Channel 480 does not work for me, but 481 does. I swapped the cables before calling DTV and after working with the rep we determined that my tuner 1 BBC is bad. Both him and I found it odd that after only two weeks of having the new receiver (HD-DVR) that one of the BBC were bad. It must have been a defective unit. They're shipping me two new BBC (one as a backup just in case) ASAP.

You might want to check w/ DTV and see if you're having the same issue. Do both channels 480 and 481 work?
Do you have a splitter or diplexer / OTA on the line that is not working?

HamburglarMan

Sep 13, 2007
Do you have a splitter or diplexer / OTA on the line that is not working?

Nope. I actually have the simplest, easiest DTV setup ever. My dish is about 4 feet away from my TV just on the other side of the wall. I only have 1 receiver and two cables running out of the dish. Both of them are going to the receiver with nothing in between (other than the BBC).

ATT

Feb 4, 2007
B-band Converter

i wonder if i order B-BAND CONVERTER from directv website if that's the problem. (notice that i already have one but since hamburglarMan says that could be the problem)

it will come in 10-14 days wonder if it will come faster then my appointment on 10/2/07 ( anyone know how long it takes )

here the site
http://directv.qrs1.net/bbc/bbcForm.jsp

hope i don't get in trouble for ordering one.

=================================
my setup:
slimline Dish 5lnb
W68 switch
5 SD receivers + 1 H20 / no OTA

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
i wonder if i order B-BAND CONVERTER from directv website if that's the problem. (notice that i already have one but since hamburglarMan says that could be the problem)

it will come in 10-14 days wonder if it will come faster then my appointment on 10/2/07 ( anyone know how long it takes )

here the site
http://directv.qrs1.net/bbc/bbcForm.jsp

hope i don't get in trouble for ordering one.

=================================
my setup:
slimline Dish 5lnb
W68 switch
5 SD receivers + 1 H20 / no OTA

ATT,
When I needed them, I ordered online and Never got them, but at the same time, I called into D* and they sent them out in the mail and I had them in 3 days.

Jimbo

HamburglarMan

Sep 13, 2007
Which nine channels don't work? If they are channels in the Choice XTRA package, your problem could be like the one I had this morning. Read my earlier post:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...annel-not-purchased-choice-xtra-channels.html

Hantu

Hantu, its nine obvious channels - the ones of either the even or odd transponders (I can't keep them straight). Channels like CNN, TWC, Science Channel, etc. They're all channels that I get in SD without an issue. I'm not attempting to open channels that I don't receive (give us a bit more credit than that). Besides, I mentioned in my earlier post that I know what the issue is. If you switch the BBC from tuner 1 to tuner 2, the other set of channels work no problem. Unfortunately I've just got to wait it out for the new BBC.

shmeff

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 21, 2006
I had the same problem yesterday with CNN on an HD upgrade. Get this no, one even told us the new channels were turned on. I thought maybe they were still working on them. Guess I’ll be going back to swap the BBC.

ATT

Feb 4, 2007
I thought it was normal that when i checked 103b signal level it always skip every 1 TP i was just looking @ some peoples signal reports it shouldn't be doing this, so i guess this confirms a bad BBC converter.

exp:
87 0 86 0 88 0 81
86 0 85 0 87 0 85

can't wait until 10/2 or if BBC converter to arrive

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)