Problems with Dish app and Sling Adapter

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
This has been going on for few weeks now and its become a PIA. Try accessing our 722's with Sling Adapters and I can get Live tv but it won't let me access the dvr recordings and then the reset button disappears. Kind of hard to reset the receiver when your a 1000 miles away.

Its happening to my Dad who is in Vegas and trying to access his 722 with sling adapter in Broken Arrow. Its happening on all 3 devices he has with him. Android Tablet running ICS, Samsung Galaxy Note phone running JB and Ipad 4.

It happened to me the other day on my Galaxy S3 while trying to watch recording from my 722 between baseball games. Its happened on my Android tablet yesterday, while I was at the lake.

Come on Dish, this was working flawless until late April early May.

That sounds like a connection problem at your receiver. If the reset button is disappearing and you can't access DVR contents, it sounds like an intermittent connection issue. How are you connected to the Internet? I would try putting the 722 IP into the DMZ list on your router and see if that helps. If you are using wifi, maybe the signal is fluctuating. I don't have any issues like this and my Sling works every time and the reset button is always there.

Its at 2 different houses mine and my dads and the 722's are both hard wired. We both have Cox 25/3 here. He is at a condo he just bought in Vegas and is accessing via wifi there with Cox 25/3 and I have Windstream 6/1 at my lake house. We never had any problems until a few weeks ago and nothing has changed on the home systems. He used Sling everyday with no problems for 3 months the last time he was out there from January thru March. I've been using the Sling at my lake house nearly every weekend all winter. I quit taking a sat receiver to the lake because Sling worked so well.

Ill have to look at his router later today, pretty sure his isn't in the DMZ list. I'm pretty sure I put mine in the DMZ but will have to double check as I have business and personal services here. I may have put it in the wrong router without thinking.

edit: Thanks for the help suggestions too!

Last edited:
That sounds like a connection problem at your receiver.

But he said he can stream live TV just fine. How is this a connection problem?

I'm on Cox too. FWIW, I can still access my EHD content from the (newly updated) WebSlingPlayer...

As posted in another thread in the Hopper forum:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/310321-More-DishAnywhere-issues?p=3167232#post3167232

In my case I was able to track the problem to the updated Dish Anywhere iOS app. Once I rolled back to the previous version (3.1.2) I was once again able to connect to my DVR recordings reliably (live tv was no problem).

I saw that. The Dish Android app was updated March 7th and my dad came back to Broken Arrow from Vegas on March 10th, so they haven't used it in that time until they went back to Vegas May 1st. It's a 2 day drive, I doubt he updated the app until they got back to Oklahoma.

Android update today for the Dish app on my tablet. So far things seem to be working normally again. It'll get a better workout tomorrow afternoon, when I'm at a baseball tournament and then the lake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)