Programming Suggestions: "BBC World", "CSPAN 3", and "Chiller"

Who's to say there is enough news? Unless they carry EVERY news channel available to US cable and satellite providers, they do not have enough.

What a ridiculous argument. By that logic, since E* doesn't carry every channel available in the universe they do not have enough. Absurd.

What a ridiculous argument. By that logic, since E* doesn't carry every channel available in the universe they do not have enough. Absurd.

Whatever dude. Who is to say that Dish offers enough news channels? I may watch Fox Business and nothing else. If Dish doesn't offer Fox Business, than they certainly don't have enough news.

Dish doesn't offer everything available, and while somebody still wants Fox Business or BBC World, who is to say that they offer enough? What is enough to you is certainly not enough to everybody.

If you can't follow my logic, God help you. You're happy with your channel selection so everybody should be. Yep, we all have enough news because you think you do. Who's logic is absurd now?

as should all three "CSPAN" channels including "CSPAN 3" for those who need or want to follow politics closely.

Wow. I wish they'd not waste the space on CSPropaganda-AN ch's 1&2.
You want more. See choice is a good thing.

BTY CSPAN linked with the idea of following politics closely is an oxymoran.

Judging by your post, you should be watching some educational programming.

Ok skottey, let DISH add all the NEWS channels available but let do it on TOP 250. That won't hurt my top 100 and/or top 200 package price.:p
I'm a DN retailer and I know what I'm talking.

Ok skottey, let DISH add all the NEWS channels available but let do it on TOP 250. That won't hurt my top 100 and/or top 200 package price.:p
I'm a DN retailer and I know what I'm talking.

I was not referring to your knowledge of Dish Network. I was referring to your horrible grammar.

Even if I was talking about your knowledge of Dish, what would the addition of channels, or not, have anything to do with your low level retailer status? Are you a decision maker at Dish?

International News Package

I would not mind paying extra for BBC-World, CNN-International, Deutsche Welle, Radio France International, and CBC if they made it part of an optional international news package. That way, those who want to only watch Cartoon Network and don't care about real news won't have to pay for it.!protest!

BBC World is being carried by my telephone company using the new IPTV service "IP Prime" which recently launched nationally. See the programming link below to verify this for yourself. I am sure it would be available to Dish Network, as well.

West Kentucky Rural Telephone Cooperative Corporation, Inc.

HBO and Cinemax channels coming soon... cool! I've never seen a new television provider launch without HBO straight out of the starting box. Wow.

The paid programming after hours and on weekends kind of stinks. They should showcase some of the Fox News Channel programming highlights from the week or replay the national Fox broadcast channel shows. They could replay the Fox primetime when they go off the air at midnight and then run Sky until 5 or 6 when they business stuff goes on the air. I am sure they have something in mind other than paid programming until 6PM on Saturday and Sunday. Even CNBC plays Conan O'Brien in the off hours.

not to meantion deal or no deal, I believe they even reran the biggest loser the other night on CNBC.

But to the one who proposed showing sky news in the off hours. I'd go for that in a heartbeat. IMO sky news is 25 times better than any of the US news networks.

I wish they would add Chiller. My wife won't let me hear the end of it since I switched from D* to E*. It was her favorite channel, and Monsters pretty much blows. I'll have to admit, I miss Chiller alot too.

BBC World definately, another view 24/7 on world happenings is very refreshing. Unfortunately BBC America only provides this a few times a day.

I'm 100% agree. If Dish is going to add more NEWS channels in order to raise my service bill, the answer is NO. We got already so many NEWS channels(Locals, national, international plus spanish news). In additional, we got NEWS thru the internet. We need to add channels that offer different content period!.

[SARCASM]Yes, we need more sports, not news about what is happening in the world. [/SARCASM]

I wish they would add Chiller. My wife won't let me hear the end of it since I switched from D* to E*. It was her favorite channel, and Monsters pretty much blows. I'll have to admit, I miss Chiller alot too.

Is Chiller commercial free? I don't know how you can say Monsters blows. I am a huge horror movie fan and love Monsters HD. Sure, they have their share of repeats, but so does HBO, Showtime, etc. Monsters is uncut and commercial free. I was under the impression that Chiller was a commercial station, kind of an NBC niche cable channel like Sleuth.

Commercials= unless it is live news or sports, my own rule is to DVR all commercial programming and watch it later without the ads. No time to spend an hour watching a 40 minute show full of ads. I hate ads.

Is Chiller commercial free? I don't know how you can say Monsters blows. I am a huge horror movie fan and love Monsters HD. Sure, they have their share of repeats, but so does HBO, Showtime, etc. Monsters is uncut and commercial free. I was under the impression that Chiller was a commercial station, kind of an NBC niche cable channel like Sleuth.

Commercials= unless it is live news or sports, my own rule is to DVR all commercial programming and watch it later without the ads. No time to spend an hour watching a 40 minute show full of ads. I hate ads.

Chiller is ad supported like Sleuth. I am a huge horror fan and while Monsters HD is OK, I like Chiller better because of the shows they play. Tales From the Crypt and Monsters are among my favorite shows and you won't find them anywhere else. I DVR EVERYTHING (except news) so commercials are not any issue with me. Dish NEEDS to add this channel ASAP!!

It's Five months since the start of this thread and sadly still no "BBC World", "CSPAN 3" or "Chiller".Some things just never change, I guess. It's especially sad the very best news in the World can't even be purchased at a premium from Dish Network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)