Question about OTA module

From Mesa you should be able to receive Tucson NBC on channel 23 (4.1). Their transmitter is on top of Mount Lemmon NE of Tucson - line of sight to the Mesa area.

Fox, ABC and CBS are co-located there and should be receivable too (NM dB values from 26 to 32).

About 90 miles from mesa and still line of sight.

The further west and SW you are in Mesa the more you are apt to be shadowed by San Tan Mountain, though.

Hmmm, just for laughs, I wonder if I could get Tucson locals if I ever needed. From dead center of Phoenix. Be a stretch, but less than some of the places I have seen people be successful at. Its a shame I cannot try until my roommate moves out.
I'm in the Phoenix area with an antenna in my attic that was there when I bought the house. Using the Hopper OTA module I get Tucson stations fairly well. Channel 18 is usually pretty good but does suffer dropouts at times.

I'm actually splitting the antenna signal to two hopper OTAs, so if I were only feeding one the dropouts would probably not even occur.

So, it is possible for sure.

I'm in the Phoenix area with an antenna in my attic that was there when I bought the house. Using the Hopper OTA module I get Tucson stations fairly well. Channel 18 is usually pretty good but does suffer dropouts at times.

I'm actually splitting the antenna signal to two hopper OTAs, so if I were only feeding one the dropouts would probably not even occur.

So, it is possible for sure.
What part of the Phx area? I am in Mesa, just south of the 202 north

Have they made the ota software more stable? When I first got my dongle (couple of days after they came out) it made my box freeze and reboot and all kinds of things especially if it had a low signal. So I would be interested in pulling the thing out of mothballs if works a lot better now.

I don't recall any complaints like that. Most folks swear by them. I'd get it out, do a fresh install and try again.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I wonder if yours is defective or the USB port you were using was. If you plug it in or unplug it, it forces you to reboot. If the connection was bad, it might think it was being plugged in / unplugged. Or, was it rebooting on it's own ?

Since the last update , my ota has been more solid then before. So I think there must of been some ota stability issues that they addressed in the last software update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts