Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok I got a question for HD Fans, those who are picky about HD quality.

I want you to check out the following channels...

9425 - ESPN2 HD
9426 - NFL HD
9429 - National Geographic HD
9435 - StarzHD
9461 - HGTV HD
9462 - Food HD

Watch them each and report on the following questions.

1) Hows the Picture Quality?
2) Does it look better, worse or the same since yesterday (or the last time you watched this channel if it was before yesterday)

Please post your findings here. Thanks!

BTW if you know the reason why I am asking this question, please do not post the reason here. I am trying to get honest feedback to whats going on. :)

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm not home yet to view them yet, but if it means we have the opportunity to have more HD Channels..........

They look fine to me!!:D :up

Scott, I was watching Nat Geo earlier today and was thinking to myself "man, that looks damn good!" So, after reading your request here I went to Starz to take a look. WOW! Looks awesome, even with full zoom. Used to be details were grainy. Not anymore! looks great IMHO. ESPN2 and NFL are showing SD right now, but it they look great.

I would say 1) PQ is fantastic! and 2) yes, I can see the improvement over yesterday. This is on a 26" Panny LCD.

Obviously Scott knows that Dish has done something! :D

I think it looks compress or soft. It's not as sharp. HGTV and the Food channel was real sharp before. I just hope dish don't touch the voom channels. Rush, rave, hdnet, hdnews and few others are the most true hd I seen. Let the channels stay mpeg2. I think a large screen shows the difference over a 26in screen..

The only one I watched today was Food HD and it did look better than I remember. I don't get Starz or NG HD.

C'mon Scott, spill the beans: What did they do to supposedly improve it??

I will tell you later. ;)

And for you guys who know already please don't say anything I want to guage honest feedback on the HD PQ.

Just checked. They are looking better......... and noticible.

OK, Scott, what did you know that we don't?

I hope this is the first step in the right direction. Let me know when all HD channels return to their native resolution, to include the repair of VOOM's infamous fiber problem since Oct '05, and perhaps I'll reactivate my receivers.

Of the listed channels I only watch NG, Starz and Food with any regularity. They all look better, but my opinion is tainted by reduction from a 54" inch 1080i display to a 23" 720p display.

My set is very "deep" and detailed, but since dropping to a 23" even the SD looks good for a change.

The NFL channel ( watched a lot here) looks HD even with SD content so it looks great!

I just watched Food-HD and HGTV-HD, and I must say that in some ways it does look a little bit better. But, to me it seems to be more softer now. But, I am no expert, so I can't say for sure.

This is all on a 40" Samsung LCD TV using the Component cables (my HDMI cable should be here tomorrow)

Seems fine to me. I don't see any real difference so I guess that is good considering they *** SHHH DONT GIVE IT AWAY *** in true mpeg4. I only hope this means more hd channels can be added soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)