Quick and Easy

Mostly, I just need something new to do with a roast. I always make it the same, and I know HIFI gets tired of it. Sometimes I cut it up and cook it with taco seasoning and make tostada's.

Crock potted a stew the other day. Came out the best I've ever made. Thought it would be better the next day. Sure wasn't. Edible, even tasty, but not nearly as good.

My shrimp creole always tastes better the next day.

My bolognese always tastes better the next day.

My red beans & rice always tastes better the next day.

I thought stew did, too? Your experience?

I haven't had much luck with leftover stew. The one time I made the best stew I've ever had, I don't remember exactly how I made it. But leftover chicken and noodles are always good, and chili, too, is always always better the next day.

I forgot to come back and say how it went with my roast supper. I added cubed potatoes and diced half an onion, but left out the pepsi (because I didn't think HIFI would go for it), and HIFI told me that they were the best potatoes I have ever fixed with a roast. And the roast was good too. :D

Red Enchiladas
Browned 1 lb lean Hamburger meat with 1.5 tablespoons of minced Garlic.
Diced 1/3 of a yellow Onion & added half to the browning meat.
When meat was ready added 1 - 10 oz. can Old El Paso Medium Red Chile Enchilada Sauce,
1/2 teaspoon of ground Cumin & sprrinked with blended red Chile with about 1/3 of the can of water.
Heated to boil, then simmered 10 minutes or so, added the rest of the Onion & put 4 corn tortillas on top of the meat.
Pulled the torillas after a couple of minutes and layered with grated sharp cheddar cheese on each layer... 2 Servings.

Last edited:
Had 2 Bell Peppers that would be going bad before off again next weekend...
Quartered 2 Potatoes, put inside the Bell Peppers after sprinkling with Salt and Coarse Black Pepper.
Diced 1/4 of a White Onion and stuffed inside the Potato / Bell Peppers, sliced about a teaspoon of Butter and stuffed in each.
Stuffed a half slice of Bacon on the top of each, placed another half slice of Bacon on top of...
Put in my mini crock pot & see what it looks like in the morning... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)