Quick and Easy

Sliced 2 Bell Peppers, quartered 1 Potato then cubed 2 more and layered in the crock pot with diced Onions and a little salt and black pepper...
Topped with sliced portabella mushrooms and 3 slice's of Bacon for an overnight cook, might put a table spoon of minced garlic on top before I crash for the night.

Green Chile Enchiladas...
Cut up & put in blender:
Small Onion
Hatch Green Chile
Dried Hatch Red Chile
mixed with 1 8oz can Herdez Salsa Verde & 1 10 oz can condensed Mushroom Soup.
Browned 1 lb lean ground beef with sliced mushrooms then added the above and simmered...
Topped with Corn Tortillas while simmering the served with grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese.

Chicken Fajitas:
Sliced half a White Onion & cut in half
Sliced a small green Bell Pepper
Diced 2 Hatch Green Chile's
Sliced 2 skinless split breasts
added sliced Mushrooms & liberal amount of my rub, then cooked on medium heat...
Used Wheat Tortillas... with Sharp Cheddar Cheese. (made 4)

Carnitas:
Took a 4lb Pork Shoulder Roast cubed into 1-1/2" cubes, mixed with my rub plus several tablespoons full of minced garlic & 3 dried red chiles. I
placed in the electric skillet on 350 degrees and cooked a few minutes stirring till started browning.
Poured 1 - 12 oz. beer & 8 ounces apple cider into and brought to boil for a few minutes then reduced to simmering for a couple hours & served with wheat tortillas & grated cheese.

Prep isn't that easy but...

Cubed (1") pork but roast, lightly browned in skillet then put in crockpot lightly sprinkling flour over.
Soaked 6 Hatch Red Chiles for 24 hours, drained, put in blender with 2.5 cups water,
added 1/2 white onion, 3 tablespoons of minced garlic & 1 Hatch green chile.
Poured blended mixture over the meat, covered for supper....
(similar recipe to Asado & pork stew)

Last edited:
Green Enchiladas:
Browned 1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 yellow onion
1.5 tbls. minced garlic
1 red chile
1 green bell pepper
1 hatch green chile
1- 7 0z. can Herdez salsa verde
1- 12 oz. can old El Paso green chile enchilada sauce
corn tortillas

Put the green & red chile in the food processor with the onion & bell pepper and browned with the meat.
Added the sauces, brought to boil then let simmer for a bit.

Not really quick but...
2 Hatch green chiles, half a white onion, bell pepper & 2 tbl. spoons minced garlic in the food processor.
Dumped the above on top of a lb of lean ground beef with 1 slice bacon chopped up, browned.
Added 1 large can La Palma red enchilada sauce and brought to a boil, then simmered for a bit.
Poured into a large bowl on top of a layer of tortilla chips, added grated sharp cheddar cheese,
another layer of the meat mix and topped with more cheese.
Put in the microwave for 30 seconds and let set for about 10 minutes.

Prep isn't that easy but...

Cubed (1") pork but roast, lightly browned in skillet then put in crockpot lightly sprinkling flour over.
Soaked 6 Hatch Red Chiles for 24 hours, drained, put in blender with 2.5 cups water,
added 1/2 white onion, 3 tablespoons of minced garlic & 1 Hatch green chile.
Poured blended mixture over the meat, covered for supper....
(similar recipe to Asado & pork stew)
Lunch today ...

To late at night for me to be reading this thread, but you sure are making me hungry.

Browned about a pound and a half of venison ground meat (was mixed with beef when ground)1/2 diced white onion, 3 tbl spoons minced garlic & put 4 dried red chiles, 1 green chile and a can of diced tomatoes in the blender... put all in the crock pot on low.