rain fade is killing me!

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
I'm about done with DBS - until they get some stronger satellites up…

pricing out a pair of TiVos and getting CableVision to pay off my contract with Dish.

locals have been out for about an hour - nationals only went out for maybe 5-7 minutes GRRRR

If the nationals came back and the locals are still out, it's possible the power is down at Dish's POP where they pick up all the local signals or a fiber line may have been cut by a downed tree.

I live in the Pacific Northwest known as Gods Country-we average 24-28" rain a year. In over 15 yrs I have had 2 incidents of satellite fade which lasted about 5mins.
When winds pick up above 50 mph or tornado warnings signal loss should be expected. My neighbors who have Comcast cable have had 11 service calls in the last 8 yrs.
I will stick with Dish-Go Dish, Go Ducks!!

well with the rain tonight more issues and I would't call this a massive weather pattern… strange thing is nbc Prime Time actually recorded a ABC channel, and some how History Channel recording where it should of been CBS?

oh well

All I can say about this thread is: ¡Adios muchacho!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

When I had Dish I lost signal with the daily Florida thunderstorms but had OTA as back up. I remember about 8 years back I had an extra large size dish which was great. I didn't lose signal even during 3 hurricanes, even though local cable was out. I think Dish stopped offering those extra large sized dishes though. When I upgraded to Dish 500 I lost it and the rain fade came. Make sure you have OTA set up and you are good to go as a back up.

If your dish is properly peaked with a clear line of site then only the worst rain fade should be 15 minutes at most with the standard Dish Network dishes. I live in the southeast so I should know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)