REAL WORLD Mexico City (or farther south...) Shaw Direct report wanted...

user123

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2010
TEXAS
As someone who needs his CNBC, and who lives in Mexico City; I would like real world reception reports of SHAW Direct for those who live in Mexico City.

I no longer have Direct, nor Dish, and am looking at Shaw.

Any info is appreciated

:)

As someone who needs his CNBC, and who lives in Mexico City; I would like real world reception reports of SHAW Direct for those who live in Mexico City.

I no longer have Direct, nor Dish, and am looking at Shaw.

Any info is appreciated

:)

Howdy, Great Shaw Reception :) here in this neck of the woods, I ditched Dish after loosing signal with the last transition @ 119.

Oh by the way, my dish setup for SD on my signature with S about 87 for Anik F1 and 97 for Anik F2, and for sure you can get good signal with smaller dishes.

DJ - how many antennas are you using ? I have one huge one, (for Dish)....do I need multiple antennas or what do you think

DJ - how many antennas are you using ? I have one huge one, (for Dish)....do I need multiple antennas or what do you think

Well, I think it´s possible to use Shaw´s elliptical dish (I think it´s the 75) but that´s from unconfirmed reports.
I also understand most of us here in the city already had larger dishes we used for Dish Network and after giving up hope with signal loss couple of months ago, have put those dishes now to better use with SD.

So I see that many of use are using 2 dishes one for each sat, I know that using 2 separate dishes even the 3 footers used locally by Sky are enough to get the signal.

Now if you already have a huge dish, I´m not sure if that will be good to get the 2 sats, but in such case you would need to have 2 LNBs, (one for 107.3w and the other for 111.1w

I´d say you´d get very good results using 2 separate dishes at least 4 footers.

A site´s member was using a 4ft for A F2 which carries most of the HD channels but he reported not keeping them steady, so he upgraded to a 6 footer with fine signal, I myself have a 6 footer for such bird and reception is still very good even with the recent rains.

Last edited:
Well, I think it´s possible to use Shaw´s elliptical dish (I think it´s the 75) but that´s from unconfirmed reports.
I also understand most of us here in the city already had larger dishes we used for Dish Network and after giving up hope with signal loss couple of months ago, have put those dishes now to better use with SD.

So I see that many of use are using 2 dishes one for each sat, I know that using 2 separate dishes even the 3 footers used locally by Sky are enough to get the signal.

Now if you already have a huge dish, I´m not sure if that will be good to get the 2 sats, but in such case you would need to have 2 LNBs, (one for 107.3w and the other for 111.1w

I´d say you´d get very good results using 2 separate dishes at least 4 footers.

A site´s member was using a 4ft for A F2 which carries most of the HD channels but he reported not keeping them steady, so he upgraded to a 6 footer with fine signal, I myself have a 6 footer for such bird and reception is still very good even with the recent rains.

I have a 1.8M dish on the top of my apartment building. My installer believes two LNBs should do the trick. Your thoughts ?

I have a 1.8M dish on the top of my apartment building. My installer believes two LNBs should do the trick. Your thoughts ?

I think it´s doable and worth trying, I know a guy here in the city had an 8 footer with an adaptation for 2 LNBs for 110 and 119, and for Shaw we are talking about a separation of just 4 degrees,

I AM using a 2.40m round that I used for Dish Network. However signal is strong that the one u have is goods enough! The first Satelite is quite simple to find as you just point the dish. The second one at least for me was a little more complex, as it depends on the bounce off the dish which is on the side. So you use 100% of the dish on one sat and partial on the other... If you have an installer that knows Shaw it should not be a problem.

I have seen people get signal with elliptical dishes but in your case, why would you buy a new one.

Regards
IMT

Imt2011 said:
Forgot to mention, yes one dish and 2 lnbs, and a piece of metal (bar) to hold the second lnb on the side.

When you have this lnb set-up install, post pics. I also am tying up 2 large antennas and would love to put all Shaw on one antenna.

FYI photos of install
Imt

Attachments

• image-2728643476.png
    image-2728643476.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 316
  • image-4199362631.png
    image-4199362631.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 317
Imt2011 said:
FYI photos of install
Imt

Great pics! I will try to do something similar this weekend. I don't really have anything to point at with my other 3 antennas yet, but getting all SD on one antenna is a good start. I'm only hanging on to SD for the networks and NFL in HD as much of the other programming seems very repetitive and basic coming from a E* 3 satellite installation. Thanks again!

Great pics! I will try to do something similar this weekend. I don't really have anything to point at with my other 3 antennas yet, but getting all SD on one antenna is a good start. I'm only hanging on to SD for the networks and NFL in HD as much of the other programming seems very repetitive and basic coming from a E* 3 satellite installation. Thanks again!

Do you have a dish pointed to AMC 21 @ 125w ? I know there´s good reception in your location.

I was doing some FTA tests today, and also took the opportunity to run a brief test and get a feeling for having both sats in one dish, and it looks like I will get a good signal.
I will move along with this project, get a multi lnb holder, and as soon as I have final results I will post them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)