Rec Locals in Motorhome?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

geodrake

Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
K.C.
We spend about 6 months RVing. At home we have Direct TV. We subscribe to local broadcast for home and on the road use an antenna for rec locals.

We are currently at a remote site near Patagonia, AZ and surrounded by mountains - thus off the air locals are not available. So, I called Direct TV to change my "service location" so that I could get basic network service. But, apparently the locals are on a different bird and I am not interested in resighting the dish each time I want to see local stuff.

I contacted Direct TV and asked for a waiver to get east/west feed. 45 days later I received post cards informing me that the local broadcasters turned me down.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get locals? Are the locals acually on a different bird? My dish is perfectly round, so I assume I can't sight it to get two birds?

In Patagonia you would get the Tucson locals, which are on the satellite at 119 degrees (your dish is normally pointed at 101 degrees). A 2- or 3-LNB dish would allow you to receive both 101 and 119. An HD installation would also work.

That is probably a tough area for OTA, but there may be some coverage via transponders.

If you had a RV account, you would get the east/west locals, but not your home locals. Directv will allow you to switch back and forth between two accounts (alternately suspending one of the accounts and activating the other). See http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/DNS_Vehicles_Aff.pdf

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv pricing

Acquiring guide data )help)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts