Replacing HR21 with HR20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
So after I told my reapair guy yesterday that I didn't like the lack of OTA with the HR21 he said that the way to get it replaced with an HR20 was to call DTV and tell them the HR21 was not working. He said that in all cases he heard of, DTV will send a refurbished HR20. According to him since they dont' make any more HR20 they now only use them for replacement. Anybody heard or tried that? Thought about doing it so that I can have OTA again. Not sure I want to wait till march till the external OTA becomes available for the HR21 (for a price, of course!) :mad:

It is "possible" that you could get an hr20 - or an hr21. They are shipping both.

Last I heard they were trying to hold HR20s for areas without locals on the satellite in HD.

Also, most people report that CSRs can't differentiate between the two models when ordering. I'd call and tell your situation, ask for retention, and see if they can do something special to get one for you.

IF they cannot, and you have a Costco's in town, you may be able to get one from them and have D* credit you for it, but I would contact D* before going that route and if they agree, may sure it's documented.

My local Costco's still had about a pallet of them on the sales floor.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.